This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Site.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Use offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Dr. Bronner’s or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the Site.
This policy has also been updated to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
If you have any questions or concerns about the privacy or security of your information, you may contact us using the contact information provided herein or on our Contact page.
We may also collect non-personally identifiable information, such as Internet Protocol (“IP”), pages viewed, computer type, screen resolution, operating system version, Internet browser type and version, information collected through cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, and other technologies, and other data (“Non-Personal Information”). Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may collect, use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. Non-Personal Information will be retained only for so long as to fulfill a legitimate business need.
Session Analytics Information. We may automatically collect Non-Personal Information about your hardware devices (i.e., your computer or mobile device) when you access the Site. For example, we may collect your IP address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer or mobile device whenever you access the Internet, as well as information about the type of Web browser software you use and the referring Web site, if any. Your IP address does not identify your name, email address or other personal information. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our service and to administer the Site. We may also collect information about your activity on the Site, such as the time and duration of your visit, the sections of the Site that you visit, the search terms you use and the products you add to your shopping cart.
Persistent Identifiers. We collect Non-Personal Information through the use of “cookies.” A cookie is an alphanumeric file that a Web site puts on your hard drive or mobile device so that it can remember something about you while you are using the Web site or when you return to the Web site. The Site may use a “unique device identifier” (or “UDID”) in order to remember your device each time you use it. We also collect Non-Personal Information through the use of “web beacons.” A web beacon, also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We and our service providers and business partners may collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites when you use our Sites. These technologies make it easier for you to use the Site. We use them in order to retain the contents in your shopping cart while you are checking out other areas of the Ste. When you are done, the products in your cart are still there for you to purchase. We also use them to gather certain aggregate usage information about the numbers and frequency of visitors to the Site and how they interact with the Site. This data helps us improve the appearance and usability of the Site.
Cookies do not collect personally identifiable information. Cookies may remain on your hard drive or device after you cease using the Site. You may decline to accept cookies by modifying your Web browser settings. If you choose to decline cookies, however, you may not be able to sign up for or use certain features of the Site that depend on your Web browser accepting cookies.
Use of Non-Personal Information
The information collected by automated means for our business purposes may include:
- Details about the devices that are used to access our Site (such as the IP address, and type of operating system and web browser)
- Dates and times of visits to, and use of, our Site
- Information about how our Site is used (such as the content that is viewed on our Site, how users navigate between webpages, and the date and time of access)
- Details about how individuals interact with our emails (such as whether the email is opened and which links are clicked in the email)
- URLs that refer visitors to our Sites
- Search terms used to reach our Site
Site Analytics. We may work with third-party service providers, such as Klaviyo, who use the technologies described in this section to conduct website analytics to help us track and understand how visitors use our Site.
Personal Information You Provide. We may collect and store any identifiable information that you choose to provide in connection with your use of the Site. This may include personally identifiable information (such as your name, shipping address, billing address, email address, phone number, username, and credit card number), which can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”), that we need in order to process your orders, communicate with you or provide you with information that you request. Pursuant to the CCPA, this category of information relates to traditional identifiers. We may aggregate Personal Information so that the aggregated information does not personally identify you or anyone else, such as by using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our customers who live in a particular area (“Aggregate Information”); and/or about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details. Pursuant to the CCPA, this category of information relates to information gathered about internet or other similar networking activity.
In most cases, we collect Personal Information directly from you. Below are descriptions of the different types of Personal Information we process and the sources from which we obtain them:
- Subscriber Emails/Alerts/Newsletters. We offer a wide selection of blogs, newsletters, articles, and videos on topics of interest to our readers and customers with ideas about the natural market place, fair trade, living “green” and more. If you sign up to receive such information, through our Site or physical locations, we will ask you to provide your first and last name, and email address.
- Communications. If you choose to contact us for any purpose, we will collect your contact details, your name, and the content, date and time of your message, as well as our reply and any follow up action we take in relation to your inquiry.
- Online orders. If you place an order online on our Site, we collect Personal Information necessary for shipping products that you purchase
- Other sources. We may receive personal information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us update, expand, and analyze our records, identify new customers, or prevent or detect fraud. We may also receive information about you from social media platforms, for example when you interact with us on those platforms or access our social media content. The information we may receive is governed by the privacy settings, policies, and/or procedures of the relevant social media platform, and we encourage you to review them.
However, we may also obtain several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, location, language preferences, and/or usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
- From third parties, for example, third party vendors such as Shopify and Klaviyo, and/or our business partners.
Personal Information to Provide Services. We use Personal Information to process and fulfill any orders that you have placed, contact you about our products and services, send you our catalog, personalize your experience with us including by presenting products or offers tailored to you, and allow you to use, communicate and interact with others on our Site, including our product review system. This may include sharing information with third parties that provide us with services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, information technology services, customer service, e-mail delivery services, credit card processing, auditing, training, and other similar services. These third parties may have access to Personal Information necessary to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
We use your shipping address to ship your products to you and to send catalogs and other mailings to you. We use your billing address, if different than your shipping address, to verify your billing information. We never share our customer names, addresses, email addresses or other Personal Information, other than to the extent described in the “Disclosure of Personal Information” section below. You may opt out of receiving catalogs or other mailings from us; see the “How to Remove Your Name from Our Newsletter, Mailing, Sharing or Email Lists” section below. Financial information that is collected is used to bill you for products that you request. Contact information that is collected is used to send orders and information about our company to you. You may opt out of receiving future mailings; see the “How to Remove Your Name from Our Newsletter, Mailing, Sharing or Email Lists” section below.
Email and Telephone Communications. We do use “browse abandon” and “cart abandon” tracking functions (if we have your email address and you visit our store, we will send you an email about the products you viewed or left in your cart). If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can use the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email to opt out of receiving future emails. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. Note that you will continue to receive transaction-related emails regarding products or services you have requested. We may also contact you from time to time via telephone regarding customer service inquiries pertaining to your orders.
Marketing. If you sign up for our newsletter, we will send you emails. These emails will inform you about our launch of new products, about special sales, about promotional offers from our partners, about environmental issues we think are important, about potential employment opportunities with Dr. Bronner’s that you may find of interest, and about other events taking place in stores near you. You may opt out of receiving future emails; see the “How to Remove Your Name from Our Newsletter, Mailing, Sharing or Email Lists” section below.
We do not disclose Personal Information about you to other companies, persons or agencies, except for the purposes described below:
Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform certain Web site and other functions on our behalf. Examples include operating and maintaining our Site, taking orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, managing customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing consultation and assistance, distributing customer surveys, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. These companies and individuals have access only to personal information needed to perform their work, but they may not use it for any other purposes.
Sharing: We may share your name and postal address with other reputable companies so they may send you catalogs or information about products of potential interest to you. We do not share credit card information or email addresses with these third parties. You may opt out of receiving catalogs or other mailings from third parties; see the “How to Remove Your Name from Our Newsletter, Mailing, Sharing or Email Lists” section below.
With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice whenever information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have the opportunity to choose not to share that information.
You may initially choose to receive or decline to receive communications from us at the point where we request information about you. You may also later, at any time, use the following options to remove your information from our databases so as not to receive future communications, or to no longer receive our services, or to not share your name and address with third parties:
Send an email to: email@example.com
Send postal mail to: Dr. Bronner’s, P.O. Box 1958, Vista, CA 92085
Call our Customer Service Department directly at: 844-937-2551
In certain cases, where available, use the “opt out” or “unsubscribe” option included in the communication itself.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see below Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
You may use the following options at any time to update or modify your information previously provided to us:
Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send postal mail to: Dr. Bronner’s, P.O. Box 1958, Vista, CA 92085.
In certain cases, where available, use the “Update Profile/Email Address” option included in the communication itself.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
We want you to feel confident about using and making purchases through the Site, and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. While we cannot completely guarantee the security of your information, we have implemented industry-standard and appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures to help protect the personal information that you provide to us.
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information regarding (i) the categories of personal information collected, (ii) the categories of sources for the personal information collected, (iii) the business purpose for collecting (or selling) that information, (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we share that information, (v) the specific pieces of personal information we collects about the user, and (vi) whether we sold or disclosed the Personal Information for a business purpose.
If you are under 18 years of age please do not use the Site. If you are under 18 years of age and believe we have collected your Personal Information, or are the parent or guardian of a minor under 18 years of age with information collected by us, please inform us at email@example.com.
Any user may request the discontinuation (or opt-out) of our sharing of the information with third parties and/or that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your California Privacy Rights Request (see below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a service that you requested, or take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.) (“CCPA”).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Please submit any requests (“California Privacy Rights Request”) by:
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Your California Privacy Rights”, or
- sending us a letter to addressed to Dr. Bronner’s, P.O. Box 1958, Vista, CA 92085.
For each California Privacy Rights Request, please clearly state the following:
- sufficient detail of your request such that it allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it;
- that the request is related to “Your California Privacy Rights;”
- your name, street address, city, state, zip code, and email address; and
- whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
We cannot respond to your California Privacy Rights Request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We are not responsible for a California Privacy Rights Request that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled, or incorrectly sent. It may take us up to 45 days to process your California Privacy Rights Request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Our Site is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not provide any information on this Site or use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name and email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Website is hosted in the United States. If you are visiting our Site from outside the United States, your information may be transferred to, stored in, and processed in, the United States or any other country where we or our affiliates, subsidiaries, or third-party service providers maintain facilities.
The European Commission has not determined that the United States ensures an adequate level of protection for Personal Information. The data protection and other applicable laws of the United States or other countries may not be as comprehensive as those laws or regulations in your country or may otherwise differ from the data protection or consumer protection laws in your country. Your information may be available to government authorities under lawful orders and law applicable in such jurisdictions.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Privacy Rights
Data Controller: All One God Faith, Inc. d/b/a Dr. Bronner’s is the controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with, your use of the Site. Please see the CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER section above for more information about the transfer of your personal data to the United States or other countries.
Purposes of Processing and Legal Basis for Processing: If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. As explained above, we process Personal Information in various ways depending upon your use of our Site. We process Personal Information on the following bases: (1) with your consent; and (2) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing you with our services, enhancing our web services, conducting analytics, and delivering relevant advertising.
Your Rights Regarding Personal Information: The GDPR requires that we inform our EEA users about certain specific rights:
- the right to object, for legitimate purposes, to the processing of personal data;
- the right to request copies of your personal data held by us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible);
- the right to request that we delete or block your personal data without undue delay; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Withdrawing Consent: If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you withdraw consent, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide certain services or marketing communications to you.
Objection and Requests for Copies: If you wish to (i) object, for legitimate purposes, to the processing of personal data as provided under applicable law, or (ii) to request copies of your personal data held by us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible), please contact us at email@example.com.
Requests for Deletion: If you wish to request that we delete your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly send you a response to ensure that the request was not made in error. We will respond to your request to delete your information within one month of receipt of your verification. Our response period may be extended by 60 additional days where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of requests we receive. We may need to retain certain records for legal and accounting purposes. EEA based individuals can learn more about their privacy rights and opt-out mechanisms at http://www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Lodging Complaints: You have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority in your country. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Sites like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Sites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Send an email to: email@example.com
Send postal mail to: Dr. Bronner’s, P.O. Box 1958, Vista, CA 92085
Call our Customer Service Department directly at: 844-937-2551
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 6, 2014
LAST REVIEWED ON: August 9, 2021