Boosting lives—building communities—All-One!
We’re excited to fund and support projects that make a concrete difference in people’s lives and communities, and we’re inspired by those who do this work. From programs like Boys to Men youth mentoring network to San Diego County’s Food Bank, Dr. Bronner’s is engaged in supporting efforts that serve communities and their needs both at home and abroad.
At home, we’re proud to honor the legacy of Jim Bronner (Dr. Bronner’s son and past president of Dr. Bronner’s) through our support of youth programs and charities, especially those in support of poor and disadvantaged youth in the San Diego area. Jim, having spent part of his life in foster homes, knew from experience the positive guidance that well-run youth programs provide to disadvantaged youth. He pioneered Dr. Bronner’s support for various local San Diego youth programs, including 1,000 acres of land to the local Boys and Girls Club.
Dr. Bronner’s remains a major supporter of:
- Our local Boys and Girls Clubs.
- The local YMCA.
- Turning Green, a global student-led movement devoted to education and advocacy around environmentally sustainable and socially responsible choices for individuals, schools, and communities.
- Boys to Men Mentoring, whose mission is to recruit, train, and empower communities of men to mentor teenage boys, including the 100 Waves Challenge, presented by Dr. Bronner’s, the largest annual fundraising event benefiting Boys to Men Mentoring. Every September, hundreds of surfers hit the water at Mission Beach in San Diego, CA to support Boys to Men Mentoring and its programs. World Champion surfer Shaun Tomson and pro surfer Damien Hobgood also participate in the event every year.
- San Diego Food Bank, last year, the Food Bank distributed 63 million pounds of food, and the Food Bank serves, on average, 550,000 people per month in San Diego County.
- Surfrider Foundation San Diego County, a community of everyday people who passionately protect our playground – the ocean, waves, and beaches – for all to enjoy. They fight for clean water, coastal preservation, ocean protection, beach access and to reduce plastic pollution.