18-in-1 Uses and More Encourage Kindness to The Planet
Celebrate Organic September with Multiuse Products
August 28th, 2019
18-in-1 Uses and More Encourage
Kindness to The Planet
Celebrate Organic September with Multiuse Products
A recent study* shows that some people in some countries are using 18 cosmetic products per day* on average, many of which come in plastic containers. As awareness and concern around marine plastic pollution is growing, the beauty industry is considering solutions that work for all. In the modern world, plastic has been the go-to choice for health and beauty products because it doesn’t disintegrate when exposed to liquid chemicals or moist bathroom environments and is more affordable than glass or metal containers. However, despite the challenges in developing solutions, the health and beauty industry’s awareness and action around sustainability, ethical working practices, avoiding toxicity and mindless consumption are moving towards a more inclusive consideration: “Kindness to the Planet.”
Dr. Bronner’s, the top-selling brand of natural soap in North America, built the company and reputation on the integrity of its ingredients and its mission to make socially and environmentally responsible products of the highest quality, and dedicating profits to help make a better world. All of the major raw ingredients in Dr. Bronner’s range of personal care and culinary products, which known for their multiple uses, are organic certified and fair trade certified. For Organic September, the company is highlighting its best-selling multitaskers that inherently contribute kindness to the planet and each other, throughout the supply chain of ingredients, the concentration of ingredients, and the variety of ways they can be used so more can be done with less. The top two in the spotlight are the iconic Dr. Bronner’s 18-in-1 Liquid Pure-Castile Soap and Dr. Bronner’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil.
Those who are transitioning into a more holistic awareness of consumption are encouraged to educate themselves with the list of potential uses on the different ways they can gradually shift to a non-toxic lifestyle regime, by means of phasing out 18 products with one single bottle of Dr. Bronner’s soap.
Packaged in a 100% post-consumer recycled bottle, the Dr. Bronner’s 18-in-1 Liquid Pure-Castile Soaps are good for about just about any cleaning task, without any synthetic ingredients, and concentrated – a little kindness goes a long way. No transition is ever challenge-free, but a simple swap can have a direct and powerful impact towards a happier and healthier planet.
Suggested 18-in-1 Liquid Pure-Castile Soap Uses:
- Body Wash – One small squirt on a wet washcloth, applied to a wet body
- Hand Wash – Pre-dilute one squirt of the Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Soap with water to wash hands
- Cleanser – 2-3 drops on wet hands, apply to wet face in circular motions
- Bath Soak – 2 large squirts into an average sized tub (doesn’t bubble, but still cleans)
- Foot Soak – One squirt in a small tub of hot water
- Make up brush cleaner – Wet the make-up brushes in water. Add 1-2 drops of Castile soap right on to the bristles. Massage in gently for 10+ seconds, then rinse. Repeat cleaning as needed until water runs clear.
- Shaving Cream – Face – 10 drops; Underarms – 3 drops; Legs – one squirt. Work to a lather in wet hands and then apply to area
- Shampoo – one small squirt in hands, worked into wet hair
- Toothpaste – 1 drop on a toothbrush. (Yes, it tastes like soap.)
- Mouthwash – 1 drop to a cup of water. Swish and rinse.
- Laundry – Add 120ml of soap for a large load in a normal washer and then 120ml vinegar to the rinse cycle
- Handwashing Delicates: Add 1 squirt to cold water. Swish gently. Let soak 10 minutes. Swish again to release loosened grime. Rinse with clean water. Gently press out excess water with a towel. Hang or lay clothing flat to dry.
- Congestive Remedy – one squirt in a bowl of steamy hot water. Breathe in mist with a towel draped over the head.
- Pest Spray – one squirt in a litre of water. Add ½ tsp. cayenne pepper or cinnamon, if desired
- Dish Soap – Pre-dilute one squirt of the Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Soap with water. Use with a scrub brush and scrub for spotless dishes
- All Purpose Cleaner – For any tough cleaning job, add 60ml soap in a litre of water in a spray bottle. Add 2-3 drops of tea tree essential oil if desired and spray
- Fruit & Veggie Rinse – 2-3 drops in a bowl of water. Dunk produce and swish. Then rinse in clear water.
- Pet Wash – Amount varies widely depending on size, hair type and length, and overall dirtiness. Wet your pet thoroughly, then start to work in Castile soap up and down their body for a good lather and massage it in down to the skin.
Just as Dr. Bronner’s 18-in-1 Pure-Castile Liquid Soaps have been hailed by many as the ultimate natural multi-tasker, Dr. Bronner’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil has a vast array of beauty uses but is equally as useful in the kitchen. As the ideal culinary product for foodies, the health conscious, vegans, vegetarians, and anyone who loves tasty and nutritious foods, Dr. Bronner’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil also makes an intensely nourishing product for moisturising the skin and hair. Certified by the Soil Association, this coconut oil meets the highest standards and strict requirements of the Soil Association Organic Standards and the EU organic regulations.
Since 2008 Dr. Bronner’s has been certified Fair Trade for all major raw materials (representing over 95% of annual agricultural volume) by the respected Swiss Certifier IMO. Shifting supply chains to use certified Fair Trade ingredients makes a big difference in the lives of several thousand farmers and workers — and is money well spent. Along with their families and communities, farmers and workers benefit from fair prices, living wages and funding for local development projects.
Certified Under the USDA National Organic Program
Organic Integrity in body care means that the main ingredients as well as secondary ingredients in an organic labeled or branded product are certified organic, produced in compliance with the National Organic Program. Dr. Bronner’s products are certified to the USDA National Organic Program, which consumers trust to ensure the organic integrity of organically labeled products.
No Animal Testing and Vegan
Dr. Bronner’s qualifies for the rabbit and stars logo of the Coalition for Consumer information on Cosmetics (CCIC). This logo certifies that the product and its ingredients are not tested on animals. The CCIC, a coalition of animal rights organizations, requires independent audit for confirmation. Dr. Bronner’s Castile Liquid and Bar Soaps do not contain animal products.
Dr. Bronner’s has also obtained vegan certification from Vegan Action for all offerings that contain no animal-derived ingredients (this excludes lip and body balms), and the company is registered with the Vegan Society in the U.K. Vegetarian and animal welfare advocacy are a core focus of Dr. Bronner’s activism efforts.
Dr. Bronner’s Organic Virgin Whole Kernel Coconut Oil
£8.99 for 440ml
Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap
Lavender / Peppermint /Citrus / Eucalyptus / Baby Unscented / Almond / Tea Tree / Rose / Green Tea
£2.15 (59ml) / £11.69 for (473ml)
*Study: Ficheux, A. S. et al. (2015). Consumption of cosmetic products by the French population.
Available at selected health shops retailers nationwide, and online at www.drbronner.co.uk