Technical Service & Compliance Coordinator
OVERVIEW & JOB SUMMARY
Under direct and general supervision, Technical Service & Compliance Coordinator will support the organization and record-keeping of company-wide quality, regulatory and third-party certification standards (e.g. Organic, Fair Trade, Vegan, etc.) to ensure that all technical and regulatory related issues are addressed in compliance with written procedures and/or applicable regulatory requirements and support new market expansion and new product development. The Technical Service & Compliance Coordinator will also coordinate the submission of regulatory applications to domestic and international agencies (e.g. FDA, KFDA, etc). Working closely with the cross-departmental Technical team, and liaising routinely with colleagues from R&D, NPD, Quality, Operations, Logistics, Sales, and Marketing, the Compliance Coordinator will support the maintenance of company-wide technical, regulatory, and controlled files.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Prepare renewal and inspection documentation for regulatory, third-party company-wide audits, and annual registrations.
- File documentation updates with third-party certifiers (e.g ingredients, suppliers, labels, etc.).
- Maintain and organize document management system for all regulatory and company-wide third-party certifications. (e.g. COA’s, SDS’s, allergen reports, organic certifications, safety assessments, and packaging documentation.)
- Complete customer or third-party questionnaires to demonstrate compliance with various federal or country-specific regulations (e.g. FSMA).
- Prepare documentation for domestic and international product registrations.
- Maintain internal label, ingredient and formulation databases.
- Coordinate and prepare documentation for regulatory submissions for new and existing products to ensure compliance with domestic and international registration requirements (e.g. FDA, Health Canada, EU, Korea, etc.).
- Other administrative duties such as a file, maintain compliance databases and obtain documentation for inclusion with regulatory submissions (e.g. Certificate of Free Sale, Apostille, etc.)
New Market & New Product Support
- Review new ingredients, formulas, and labels for compliance in new markets or in support of new product launches.
- Collect and evaluate information on the safety and environmental impact of raw materials by reviewing supplier documentation, peer-reviewed research and ingredient databases.
- Support claims substantiation for products; review domestic and international regulations and standardized test methods; coordinate with a lab in house and with third-party labs for contracting out standardized test methods.
- Research and evaluate new and current raw materials and material applications through technical review of product ingredient listings and networking with raw material suppliers.
- Administrative support for new material record-keeping, vendor setup, and meetings.
This position will interact closely with the OSI department, Certification & Compliance Manager, Document Control & Regulatory Affairs Coordinator, Senior Quality, Sustainability, & Innovation Manager, Production and Operations Administration teams, Sales & International Marketing teams, Customer Service.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Food Science, or similar technical field, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Required: 2 years’ experience in a fast-paced, collaborative office environment.
- Required: Knowledge of FDA regulations in cosmetics, food, and/or ISO 9001.
- Preferred: Familiarity with ISO 22716.
- Preferred: HACCP and/or ISO certified operation experience.
- Preferred: Natural, Organic and/ or fair trade food, cosmetic, and/or personal care industry experience.
- Preferred: International business experience.
Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Extremely organized with outstanding attention to detail;
- Demonstrated passion for social and environmental justice;
- Energetic team player with top-tier customer service skills and problem-solver attitude; the ability to advance compliance and document control systems in a fast-paced company;
- Work always with a spirit of flexibility, enthusiasm, teamwork, fun, and cooperation;
- Possess and maintain the desire to create impact through creativity, innovation, persistence, and feedback;
- Ability to communicate and collaborate constructively with a wide range of diverse colleagues and stakeholders;
- Ability to reason and analyze, to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner, to work quickly, accurately and independently, and to anticipate needs and solve problems;
- Ability to take direct feedback and instructions, as well as work independently and as part of a team.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations and employee information.
- Good working knowledge and advanced skills in Access, Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, and Internet search.
- Fluent in English with the ability to correspond with a high degree of professionalism in verbal and written communication.
- Preferred: Fluent in additional languages such as Spanish, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, German, or French.
- Preferred: Familiarity with FDA regulations, EU cosmetic regulations, HACCP, SQF, BRC, ANSI, INCI and/or ISO standards and systems.
Tools and Equipment Used
Computer, label printing system, lab equipment, and standard office equipment.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of that which must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly must:
- Perform work in a climate-controlled office setting;
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above and below shoulder heights, climb stairs, bend and stoop, crawl, kneel and use hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance requiring the use of both arms and legs frequently.
- Experience frequent interruptions and work under pressure of time with multiple priorities.
- Occasionally lift, carry and balance objects weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Pull and push such objects as file drawers, loaded carts, pallet jack, computers, and similar office equipment and supplies.
- Prioritize and multi-task work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking.
- Occasionally perform the safe operation of a vehicle, office equipment, and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Frequently work alone but is occasionally required to interact or perform and communicate with others.
- Be able to hear, see including the distinction of colors, read, and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds and origins.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, and hearing of normal conversation is required.