Senior eCommerce Manager
The Senior eCommerce Manager is responsible for the planning and management of eCommerce promotional programs for Dr. Bronner’s online business. The Senior eCommerce Manager will analyze sales, site performance and execute digital strategies for product demand and continuous online growth as well as customer management. The ideal candidate is highly experienced in leading and development and implementation of eCommerce sales, digital marketing strategies and best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes best practices and key learnings to assist in the development and management of strategic 3rd party online key accounts and marketplace vendors including but not limited to Amazon, Thrive Market, Target, Walmart and international platforms such as T-Mall.
- Runs all aspects of Dr. Bronner’s eCommerce business including ownership of P&L and creation and management of yearly budgets.
- Partners with relevant sales and marketing team members to define promotional calendars, brand marketing execution, and success metrics.
- Works closely with the marketing team on digital strategy across multiple channels including online, mobile, emails, social, affiliates and SEM to align with company goals and vision.
- Drives eCommerce revenue through Dr. Bronner’s website as well as through PPC and SEO / SEM activities (Google AdWords, etc.)
- Analyzes eCommerce business and ROI reporting including web analytics, competitor reports, and ad hoc reports for analysis to senior team members. Uses consumer insights to develop future marketing strategies.
- Responsible for ongoing improvement to the website including product descriptions, images, order/hierarchy of products, product constructs. Partners with the relevant stakeholders to execute site changes.
- Build and implement measurement plans that demonstrate delivery against business and company objectives and provide optional solutions to improve or optimize strategies.
- Manages online merchandise presentations and executes effective position of products based on sale, inventory, newness, and trends. Partners with sales and marketing teams to develop and ensure successful online assortment.
- Monitors website usability and the consumer experience in partnership (with 3rd party vendors) to improve site performance, merchandising options, engagement and conversion.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, technology, and opportunities for shopper marketing and eCommerce.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Informatics or other related degrees.
- 5-10 years of progressive experience in e-commerce and marketing with proven depth knowledge in digital marketing and technology with a global company, ideally within the natural products industry.
Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams.
- Back-end CMS merchandising and site management experience – preferably in Magento.
- Experience with eCommerce partners including site design, site maintenance, online advertising campaigns, and reputation management.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex multinational marketing structure, ideally both from the global and local side.
- Experienced in managing P&L and budget involved with extensive reporting and ROI justification.
- Strong understanding of sales and marketing fundamentals with knowledge of financial KSFs and KPIs, specifically focused on measuring and steering internal and external e-commerce activities.
- Ability to collect, analyze and deeply understand consumer insights to develop and properly implement specific business developments with a consumer-driven approach.
- Experienced in the development and implementation of strategic shop concepts, shop assortments, pricing policies and planning of the e-commerce marketing budget and campaigns.
- Knowledge of a wide array of digital marketing efforts including Email, site Monetization, SEM, SEO, Media, Social Media Optimization, Client Services, Affiliate Marketing, Audience Testing, and Web Analytics.
- Detail-oriented and proven successful in managing business process projects, organization/IT development plans with advanced knowledge in ERP Systems and Microsoft Office.
- Analytical and strong problem-solving skills to access challenging situations and develop proactively effective solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively among a diverse workforce population and maintain sound working relations with all levels within the organization.
- Work with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations including customer and employee information and demonstrate tact, discretion, and good judgments
- Ability to multi-task efficiently multiple priorities and prioritized all with various deadlines.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
The Senior eCommerce Manager works closely with the Sales Director, Marketing Director, Digital Marketing Specialist and Customer Experience Manager.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Performs work in a climate-controlled office setting.
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods, walk, bend at the waist and knees, kneel and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance and climbing stairs frequently.
- Occasionally lifts carries and balances objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Pulls and pushes such objects as file drawers and supplies.
- Prioritizes and multi-tasks work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking.
- Occasionally is required to perform the safe operation office equipment and machines and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Must be able to hear, see including peripheral vision and distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and origins noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.