The Senior Designer will develop brand content promoting Dr. Bronner’s products and ideals across a range of mediums including advertising, packaging, point of sale/collateral, and brand environments for the U.S. market as well as for global adaptation. The Senior Designer should have creative and art direction experience and be skilled in photography, animation, and video editing. Dr. Bronner’s is an iconic brand with a deeply loyal customer base. Our products are prized by consumers who value natural and organic products, including outdoor enthusiasts, parents, and the health-conscious—and can be found at a wide range of stores including natural food stores, outdoor retailers, hardware stores and mass-market stores.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Designer is an enthusiastic and creative member of the global marketing team that lives and breathes the brand ethos to create work that represents both the soap & the soul side of the brand. This team member will be joining a highly collaborative department of multi-skilled designers that operates agency-style. This person will further the marketing department’s mission of creating concepts and work to promote the forward-thinking and unique nature of Dr. Bronner’s brand, including climate-friendly and fair supply chain practices, eco-friendly products, and the company’s use of business as a force for good.
The following duties and responsibilities are considered essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required in this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Executes print and digital design requests, applying an aesthetic sensibility that is consistent with the brand’s global style guides;
- Applies thorough knowledge of typography in designs;
- Designs packaging and POS displays/collateral including modification of text-heavy labels in accordance with packaging guidelines;
- Creates photography, video, and animation assets for the content team to use on digital platforms: social media, website, and newsletter;
- Shoots and edits video as in-house needs arise and creates animations working with external videographers and editors;
- Develops creative concepts including memes/graphics for social media, sales materials, advertising, and campaigns;
- Distributes, submits and proofs print files with a high degree of accuracy;
- Coordinates and art directs photo shoots, video production;
- Builds and manages a roster of third-party photographers and videographers;
- Retouches photos as needed;
- Manages digital asset management platforms including content audits and filing and coordinates new content development;
- Maintains electronic archives of packaging and marketing materials.
This position is based at Dr. Bronner’s HQ in Vista, CA. This position reports to the Director of Marketing but works closely with in-house and external design teams, project managers, production packaging team, content team, and marketing managers.
Possession of a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Graphic Design or a related degree that would support the knowledge, abilities, and skills set required to perform the full range of job responsibilities herein, plus 5-10+ years creative or art direction at an agency or with an in-house team or equivalent requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Agency or in-house design department experience
- Strong knowledge of typography and package design
- Ability to prepare graphics for print and web as well as working knowledge of printing processes
- Knowledge of graphic design principles and various graphic and type file formats
- Strong skills set in creating animations and video editing • Digital content creation experience
- Advertising and campaign concepting experience
- Highly proficient with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Sketch-up, InDesign, Adobe Premiere Pro & After Effects and Adobe Lightroom. Basic HTML web coding a plus.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite or other project management tools like Basecamp, as well as digital asset management
- Copywriting experience a bonus
- Must be highly reliable, responsive to time-sensitive work assignments, goal-oriented, results-driven, creative in manner and delivery, affable, and self-motivated
- Work with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations including customer and employee information, operational plans, trade secrets, and other confidential information and documents.
TOOLS, SOFTWARE & EQUIPMENT
Standard office equipment including proficient use of Apple and/or PC computers and software
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Perform work in a climate-controlled office setting.
- Sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel and use hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance frequently.
- Occasionally lift, carry and balance objects weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Pull and push objects such as file drawers, loaded carts, audio/visual equipment, computers, and similar office equipment and supplies.
- Prioritize and multi-task work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking.
- Occasionally perform the safe operation of a vehicle, office equipment, and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Hear, see (including the distinction of colors), read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent socio-economic backgrounds and origins.
- Travel independently by automobile, aircraft, train and all modes of transportation.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Please submit a digital portfolio with work samples and the role you played on each project with your application.