Responsible for capital tracking and reporting, supporting the sales and use tax returns process, assisting in the month-end close process, and generating monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- GL Review of Balance Sheet Accounts
- Complete Balance Sheet Reconciliations; Applied Accounts, Control Accounts, Capital Accounts
- Complete GL modifications as required
- Close Sage Modules
- Complete inventory-related Recons and JEs
- Capital Project tracking
- Capital Project Funding Requests
- Maintain Fixed Asset System
- Capital asset tagging and location tracking
- Prepare Capital related entries
- Create and manage Captial POs, ROGs
- Prepare financial statements
- Enter Recurring and Compiled Jes
- Produce monthly Banking Reports
- Reconcile financials, ratios, and JEs to CPA’s
- Assist with Exemption Certificate campaigns, documentation review
- Complete Transactional Tax Reconciliations; Avalara to Sage to Shopify to support returns and audit processes
- Personal Property Tax Returns
- Complete quarterly Census reports
- Backfilling other positions
- Other needs and support as requested
- Perform ad hoc reporting, reconciliations, and entries as required
The incumbent will interact closely with the CFO, VP of Finance, President, CEO, COO, Finance department team, Dr. Bronner’s Leadership Team, and department managers.
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting, Business administration, Economics, Mathematics, or Finance from an accredited college and two to five years of related accounting and/or financial experience.
Preferred: ERP based accounting experience including accounts receivable, payable, banking, balance sheet reconciliation, inventory control, and financial planning and reporting. Strong data management skills, MS Excel, MS Access/SQL are a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Direct accounting experience
- Detailed knowledge of financial statements and GAAP
- Understanding and proficiency in general accounting principles
- Excellent working knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Internet.
- Experience with ERP systems such as SAGE or other comparable systems
- Strong sense of professionalism and maturity.
- Expert organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Must have the ability and skill to envision the goals and develop strategies to accomplish conceptual tasks.
- Must be able to visualize and develop the desired outcome and work strategically to realize end results.
- Works with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation, and a sense of urgency.
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations including customer and employee information, product information, trade secrets, etc.
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner; work quickly, accurately, and independently.
- Anticipate needs and solve problems.
- Able to be flexible, adaptable, and work independently.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
TOOL AND EQUIPMENT USED
Use standard office equipment including proficient use of telephone, multi-function copier, and personal computer.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Performs work in a climate-controlled office setting.
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods, walk, bend at the waist and knees, kneel, and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance and climbing stairs frequently.
- Frequently or as assigned, lifts, balances, carries, stacks, and pushes/pulls objects weighing from 10-20 pounds and reaches above and below shoulder height.
- Performs work assignments requiring good memory and concentration.
- Ability to recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Must be able to hear, see including peripheral vision and distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent backgrounds and origins.
- Must work in an environment with a low to moderate noise level and minimal heating and air conditioning.