Recycling and Waste Diversion Coordinator
Who We Are
Dr. Bronner’s is the top-selling natural brand of soap in North America and was ranked top midsize workplace in San Diego by the San Diego Tribune in both 2019 and 2020, based on anonymous employee surveys. Our supportive, positive work atmosphere comes from being a family-owned business that values employees as its greatest asset.
We are passionate about making the best products for humans, homes, and Earth—and about using our business as a force for good! Known for setting up a global supply chain that respects the people and land that provide our raw materials, Dr. Bronner’s is proving that agriculture and manufacturing can be green and fair—be part of our movement!
Starting Salary: $24.00 Hourly
Benefits at a Glance
- Company-paid Full Medical (PPO), Dental, Vision for Employees & Family
- Annual Bonus – up to 10% of salary
- Profit-Sharing Program – 10% of salary + bonus fully funded by Dr. Bronner’s into your retirement account
- Bring Your Dog to Work Program
- Development & Training Programs
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Child Care Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Daily Vegan Lunches
- Green Team and Toastmasters
- Volunteer opportunities
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You’re passionate about the environment and enjoy finding innovative solutions to reduce waste. You’re skilled with production equipment and able to operate a bailer, forklift, and/or pallet jack. You’re an excellent multi-tasker when coordinating project logistics with team members and tracking progress.
Your duties will include supporting:
Recycling Handling & Waste Diversion
- Responsible for in-house recycling programs. Ensures Gaylord boxes in the warehouse are properly labeled, emptied, and/or changed out as needed.
- Responsible for the operation of balers and strap cutters.
- Coordinates logistics with waste diversion and recycling vendors for pick-ups.
- Responsible for ordering materials needed for the recycling and composting programs upon reviewing with area lead and department manager.
Zero Waste Program Support
- Assists with collecting data related to in-house waste and recycling.
- As part of the “Green Team”, provides ideas, feedback, and implementation of methods to help minimize waste and proper sorting.
- Responsible for developing and implementing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WI) related to waste handling and diversion.
- Participates in and supports company “Dumpster Dives” in an effort to work on key improvements based upon findings.
- Provides training to production, shipping, and receiving and office personnel related to best practices in safe handling and sorting of materials.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- High School diploma or equivalent level of reading, writing, understanding, and communicating understanding and accurate use of mathematic function
- Prior experience providing coordination and oversight of recycled, waste management material
- Ability to operate a baler
- Skill at keeping, tracking inventory, and requesting material from another warehouse or supplier.
- Must possess and/or complete in-house pallet jack, forklift, and confine space certification.
- Fluent in English & Spanish
- Experience providing coordination and oversight of 1-2 years prior experience with Zero Waste principles and practices.
- Degree in Environmental Management, Supply Management, Environmental Studies, or related fields.
Get To Know Us
- Founded in 1948 by Emanuel Bronner
- Independent, family-owned
- Certified B-Corp
- Organic fair trade food & body care products
- Executive salaries capped at 5:1 the lowest paid fully vested position
- At least 1/3 of profits donated annually to activist and charitable efforts
Dr. Bronner’s is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.