Production Warehouse Assistant
Under general and direct supervision is responsible for assisting with the storage, movement, and coordination of raw and packaging materials and recycling program
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Assists with opening all soap tank valves and pulling soap retain samples of any new batch that has been pumped in.
- Assists with the monitoring and transferring of materials required for production operational needs such as bottles, caps, boxes and other materials as directed or authorized.
- Assist receiving department with unloading and organization of production material and stores in designated areas for productions use; organize all machine label rolls on production racking upon arrival.
- Ensure the warehouse is kept clean, storage bins and other apparatus secure and free from safety hazards, and those operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with Company safety practices.
- Assists with the washing and/or sanitizing all totes for production. Will assist with the organization and labeling of the storage of totes and keeping the “clean” and “dirty” totes separated.
- Assists with the pulling of needed bulk available for other needs besides the machinery runs such as hand fill, Xela pack bulk soap requests and 3rd party filling facilities
- Assist with evening closure and employee departure procedures. Will assist with closing and locking down the warehouse on the production side including closing all soap tank valves.
- On a rotation basis will assist with the cleaning and sanitizing of soap tanks by going in the tanks and following proper and safety protocol and Confined Space procedures.
- Assist with the monitoring of wastewater tank levels and is responsible to schedule pickups accordingly.
- Assists with the receiving and offloading of 3rd party bulk.
- Responsible for the in-house recycling program. Ensures all gaylord boxes are emptied and or changed as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring all recycled material is properly shipped out.
- Assists in the organization needed for inventory counts.
This position will interact closely with the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor, Production Planner, Plant Operations Manager, materials and equipment suppliers, contractors, Shipping & Receiving employees and office personnel.
Minimum: High School diploma or equivalent level of reading, writing, understanding and communicating understanding and accurate use of mathematic functions. Minimum of 2 years prior experience providing coordination and oversight of warehousing operations of the type and nature described in the Essential Duties.
Preferred: Completed college course work in business administration, finance, mathematics or other related fields. At least 2 years in a manufacturing environment performing the general types of functions performed with lead or supervising experience. Fluent in English & Spanish. Intermediate computer operations knowledge.
Any combination of educational and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Skill at keeping, tracking inventory, and requesting material from another warehouse or supplier.
- Computer systems competencies in Microsoft programs (intermediate use of Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet) and other related manufacturing ERP programs.
- Ability to learn, accurately and thoroughly prepare, enter and evaluate data on spreadsheets or other data repositories.
- Accurately report errors to the supervisor and or leader.
- Ability to work under rapidly changing priorities and confusion.
- Ability to anticipate needs and solve problems.
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and independently.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Must support a positive work environment while driving continuous improvement.
- Work with leads and supervisor to meet the demands of the department.
- Work with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to communicate effectively with company staff – Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Forklift, electric pallet jack and standard office equipment. Impeller pumps and basic hand tools.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards. Must complete possess and/or complete in-house pallet jack, forklift and confine space certification.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Perform work in a varying temperature interior and exterior plant environment including the presence of periodic dust and other non-toxic airborne and wear safety shoes (steel toe).
- Sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel and use both hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance constantly
- Frequently or as assigned, lifts, balances, carries, stacks, and pushes/pulls objects weighing from 50 pounds and reaches above and below shoulder height.
- Occasionally bends, lifts, pulls and pushes such objects as boxes, drawers, loaded carts, pallet jack and similar equipment and supplies weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Occasionally is required to perform the safe operation of a vehicle, forklift, and machines, recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace
- Performs work assignments requiring good memory and concentration.
- Must be able to hear, see including peripheral vision and distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent backgrounds and origins.
- Must work in an environment with a moderate-to-high noise level and minimal heating and air conditioning.