Production Coordinator and International Sales Liaison
Under the direction of the Plant Production Supervisor, provides planning administration support to all international market orders, tasks/projects including scheduling, forecast analyzing, reporting, expediting, physical counts packaging material ordering, and other administrative duties as assigned.
Coordinates and communicates between departments according to daily and weekly production schedules to meet international order demand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position requires close and constant communication cross-departmentally with International Market managers, production, and shipping working as a liaison to ensure orders are met and reviewed in a timely and efficient manner. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Reviews international PO’s and works with Plant Production Supervisor to creates production filling schedule based on order ship dates.
- Ensure daily production requirements are achieved to meet customer/business order fulfillment timing.
- Provides physical counts of inventory available and ensures inventory that exceeds shelf life is removed upon reviewing with international market managers.
- Coordinates all communication regarding international inventory with shipping and Ops Administration department to correctly reflect on ERP system.
- Plans, tracks, analyzes, and reports on ordered items of varying order type, size, and complexity.
- Analyzes and reports forecast for all international markets vs sales and coordinates accordingly with production scheduling and shipping.
- Reviews supporting packaging and label material supply and finished goods demand to provide order needs/trends to production administration.
- Maintains close and ongoing communication with shipping, international managers, and production department to report and provide details on all order status, fulfillment, and new item launch.
- Follow-up as required with all teams to expedite the flow of materials and documents to meet production schedule and customer expectations.
- Analyzes task/project schedule variances and advises management of discrepancies and anticipated problems in a timely manner.
- Additional related tasks as needed.
This position will interact closely with the International Market and project Managers, Chief of Operations, Operations Administration, Shipping and Receiving Supervisor, Logistics, Marketing and Sales Personnel, Suppliers, Production Coordinator, and office personnel.
- Minimum: At least 3 years in a manufacturing environment performing the general types of functions performed with forecasting, analyzing, and production scheduling. Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office suite.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Planning or a related discipline. Fluent in English & Spanish. Pallet jack and or forklift driving experience.
Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Extensive experience with ERP business systems and related reporting tools.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, Access, and Word
- Self-starter organized and self-f motivated.
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner.
- Must have a complete understanding of planning principles, theories, and concepts as well as the ability to understand accounting and manufacturing systems in a research or production environment and to apply advanced planning tools and techniques.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to interface with internal employees and external representatives and to accurately document, report, and present.
- Must maintain a well-balanced focus between external and internal customer requirements and possess.
- Ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases.
- Organization skills to maintain the flow of work within the unit.
- Ability to maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to work under rapidly changing priorities and confusion.
- Ability to anticipate needs and solve problems.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately, and independently.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Must support a positive work environment while driving continuous improvement.
- Work with leads and supervisor to meet the demands of the department.
- Work with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation, and a sense of urgency.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Use standard office equipment including proficient use of telephone, multi-function copier, and personal computer.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Performs work in a climate-controlled office setting.
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods, walk, bend at the waist and knees, kneel and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance and climbing stairs frequently.
- Frequently or as assigned, lifts, balances, carries, stacks, and pushes/pulls objects weighing from 10-25 pounds and reaches above and below shoulder height.
- Performs work assignments requiring good memory and concentration.
- Ability to recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Must be able to hear, see including peripheral vision and distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent backgrounds and origins.
- Must work in an environment with a low to moderate noise level with minimal heating and air conditioning.