Product & Packaging Associate
OVERVIEW & JOB SUMMARY
Under direct supervision, performs various product production and packaging duties pertaining to the filling of liquid and solid soaps, lotions, creams, gels and balms, and preparing and applying labels, packing products into boxes, and stacking packed boxes in preparation of shipments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Acquire necessary bottles, caps, labels and packaging boxes from inventory.
- Fill differing bottle sizes by hand or machine with proper soap, lotion, cream, gel or balm product, including necessary hose, machine or other devise adjustment to ensure proper amount and quality is maintained during entire production cycle of each product.
- Construct and prepare differing size and shape of packaging boxes by hand or machine.
- Label and code bottles as needed or instructed.
- Label boxes with proper product labels and codes.
- Place packaged boxes on pallets and move pallets to shipping area.
- Break down boxes after loading the bottles for the filler
- Bring bottle pallets to work area
- Load caps to the capper machine
- Assist with loading of boxes as needed on to automated box machine
- Print labels using internal FDH system for labels
This position will interact closely with the Plant Operations Manager, Plant Operations Coordinator and co-workers.
Minimum: No specific prior experience required. Ability to read, write and verbally communicate with supervisors and co-workers; perform repetitious motion and activities for extended periods of work including sitting and/or standing; and, the demonstrated ability to learn and follow verbal instructions and attention to detail and quality production work standards.
Any combination of educational and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability and skill at using good hand-eye coordination
- Ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods of time at work station performing repetitive production work
- Ability to count bottles and other products accurately and consistently
- Work with spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations including customer and employee information
- Ability to perform differing task at the same time in an efficient, thorough, and sequenced manner; to work quickly, accurately and independently; to anticipate needs and solve problems; and, to communicate verbally and in writing, preferably with proficiency in English
- Ability to multitask
Tools and Equipment Use
Bottles, caps, labels, boxes, bottle and other product filling machines and devices, box machine, pallet jack and forklift.
Must have reliable transportation to and from work location on the scheduled days and time of work. Some work assignments may require pallet jack and/or forklift certification.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Must be in good physical condition in order to perform repetitive work through the use of arms, hands and legs to sit, stand, walk, climb, bend, kneel, lift, push/pull, carry, and manually assemble box containers frequently.
- Perform work in a varying temperature interior and exterior plant environment including the presence of periodic dust and other non-toxic airborne contaminants such as propane requiring, on some occasions, to wear safety shoes (steel toe), a dust mask, safety glasses and/or gloves.
- Frequently or as assigned, lifts, balances, carries, stacks, and pushes/pulls objects weighing from 10-40 pounds, occasionally 50 pounds, and reaches above and below shoulder height.
- Performs work assignments requiring good memory and concentration.
- As assigned, is required to perform the safe operation of a pallet jack, forklift and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Must be able to hear, see including peripheral vision and distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent backgrounds and origins.
- Must work in an environment with a moderate-to-high noise level and minimal heating and air conditioning.