Product & Packaging Associate, Special Packaging
Job Title: Product & Packaging Associate, Special Packaging
Reports to: Specialty Packaging Supervisor and/or Plant Production Manager
OVERVIEW & JOB SUMMARY
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of packaging duties pertaining to different products packed into displays, kit, gift set boxes, baskets or other; preparing and applying labels, and stacking packed boxes on a pallet in preparation of shipments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Acquire necessary products, labels, packaging materials, and boxes from inventory.
- Pack different bottle sizes and products by hand.
- Operate machines to seal and pack products, including adjusting machines or other devices to ensure that high quality is maintained during the entire packaging of each specialty product.
- Construct and prepare by hand or by machine different sizes and shapes of packaging boxes.
- Label and code bottles as needed or instructed.
- Label and scan boxes with proper product labels and codes.
- Place packaged boxes on pallets, and move pallets to the shipping area.
This position will interact closely with the Plant Operations Manager, SPG Supervisor and co-workers.
• Minimum: No specific prior experience required. Ability to read, write and verbally communicate with supervisors and co-workers; perform repetitious motion and activities for extended periods of work including sitting and/or standing; and, the demonstrated ability to learn and follow verbal instructions and attention to detail and quality production work standards.
• Preferred: Ability to read, write and verbally communicate English at the 8th-grade level and prior experience in a manufacturing setting involving production work of the type and nature of duties described herein.
Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability and skill at using good eye-hand coordination
- Ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods of time at a work station performing repetitive production work
- Ability to count bottles and other products accurately and consistently
- Ability to keep detailed and accurate written records of inventory
- Ability to work comfortably and efficiently with FDH label printing and basic computer tools, including MS Excel, MS Word, email, scanning documents, etc.
- Works with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation, and a sense of urgency
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations, including customer and employee information
- Ability to perform different tasks at the same time in an efficient, thorough, and sequenced manner; works quickly, accurately, and independently; anticipates needs and solves problems; and, communicates verbally and in writing, preferably with proficiency in English
Tools and Equipment Used
Bottles, labels, boxes, product packaging machines and devices, box machine, pallet jack, forklift, and computer.
Must have reliable transportation to and from work location on the scheduled days and time of work. Some work assignments may require pallet jack and/or forklift certification.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Must be in good physical condition in order to perform repetitive work through the use of arms, hands and legs to sit, stand, walk, climb, bend, kneel, lift, push/pull, carry, and manually assemble box containers frequently.
- Perform work in a varying temperature interior and exterior plant environment including the presence of periodic dust and other non-toxic airborne contaminants such as propane requiring, on some occasions, to wear safety shoes (steel toe), a dust mask, safety glasses and/or gloves.
- Frequently or as assigned, lifts, balances, carries, stacks, and pushes/pulls objects weighing from 10-40 pounds, occasionally 50 pounds, and reaches above and below shoulder height.
- Performs work assignments requiring good memory and concentration.
- As assigned, is required to perform the safe operation of a pallet jack, forklift and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Must be able to hear, see including peripheral vision and distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent backgrounds and origins.
- Must work in an environment with a moderate-to-high noise level and minimal heating and air conditioning.