Plant Production Supervisor – 2nd Shift
OVERVIEW & JOB SUMMARY
Under the direction of the Senior Production Manager, the Plant Production Supervisor supervises and manages the overall production of liquid soap, bar soap, and balms.
The supervisor provides planning administration support to various tasks/projects including scheduling, performance monitoring, reporting, expediting, and other administrative duties as assigned.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are important values at Dr. Bronner’s. All employees are called to practice acceptance, treat others with dignity and respect, learn from and celebrate each other’s differences, recognize one’s own privilege, root out one’s own and speak up against prejudice, and work to create a healthy and respectful workspace where colleagues feel valued and part of our community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Direct employees based on daily production needs.
- Review production orders and create a work schedule for production based on shipment schedules and confer with the supporting department on the work schedule.
- Ensure daily production requirements are achieved to meet customer expectations and work with leads and units to meet the demands of the department.
- Plan, track, analyzes, and report on projects/orders of varying contract type, size, and complexity.
- Work closely with production scheduler to review status and availability of raw and packaging materials and ensure to expedite the flow of materials and documents to meet production schedule and customer expectations.
- Provide production/manufacturing work status reports for items such as change requests, new work item estimates, and resolution of potential schedule/work problems.
- Analyze task/project schedule variances and advise management of discrepancies and anticipated problems in a timely manner.
- Prepare and maintain employee performance evaluations, corrective actions, performance development plans, training, time off requests, employee timecards, and any employee-related needs.
- Support Production and task leaders in identifying opportunities for improvements and optimization.
- Assist with assessing employee production needs, hiring, workflow, and termination of all assigned employees.
- Attend ISO, safety, production-related meetings, and management training.
- Other duties as assigned within the job scope.
The incumbent will interact closely with the Production Senior Manager, Chief Operations Officer, IT Personnel, Operations Administration, Shipping and Receiving Supervisor, Logistics, Marketing and Sales Personnel, Suppliers, Production Coordinator, and office personnel.
- Completion of a high school diploma or GED.
- Associate’s degree with an emphasis on Business Administration, Computer Science, or related discipline from an accredited college.
- Two years of progressive experience with supervising and supporting a production or manufacturing team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Planning, Production Control, or a related discipline.
- Three to five years of related experience with supervising and supporting a production/manufacturing team.
- More than 6 years in a manufacturing environment performing progressive experience in planning, budgeting, and performance measurements.
Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Attitude: Confident, positive, enthusiastic, down to earth, flexible, & passionate
- Communication: Excellent, adaptive, creative, and concise verbal and written communicator in meeting spaces as well as over the phone, and e-mail; polite, professional, patient, and diplomatic in navigating inquiries; strong grammar skills. Requires strong interpersonal, communication, and organization skills including a good sense of judgment and the ability to build positive work relationships.
- Confidentiality: Maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations including customer and employee information and demonstrate tact, discretion, exercise good judgment and discretion in handling and disseminating information.
- Critical Thinking: Ability to reason and analyze, to set and adhere to a timeline, accurately and independently, and to solve problems.
- Initiative: Responds promptly to requests, works quickly, accurately, and independently; effectively executes strategies, identify upcoming needs and potential risks; proactively manage tasks, meets challenges with resourcefulness, and present ideas and information in a manner that moves the team forward
- Leadership: Highly motivated and cooperative, takes initiative and responsibility for individual and group work, possesses a strong desire to succeed, accepts feedback from others, works with a spirit of enthusiasm and a sense of urgency.
- Organization: Exceptional proficiency in tracking deliverables, tasks, and project deadlines, juggling competing priorities, and multi-tasking efficiently
- Respect: Consciously learn from and celebrate differences among identities while recognizing commonalities and shared experiences; practice inclusive language and promote acceptance, safety, respect, inclusion, and value of individuals within the workplace, and those with whom you interact on behalf of the organization; become aware of all forms of bias, prejudice, and discrimination, and work to eliminate personal vestiges of racism, homophobia and sexism in thought, action and word; promptly report incidents of bias, prejudice, and bigotry to the Human Resources Department or any member of the Executive Team.
- Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, contributes to building a positive team spirit, is flexible to modifying work style to be effective within the group, able to work within a team environment and independently.
- Technical Proficiency: Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Access); digital file sharing and project management systems (Google Drive, Dropbox, and SharePoint)
- Must have a complete understanding of planning principles, theories, and concepts as well as the ability to understand accounting and manufacturing systems in a research or production environment and to apply advanced planning tools and techniques.
- Must maintain a well-balanced focus between external and internal customer requirements and possess.
- Ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases.
- Ability to determine the appropriate approach at the project level and provide innovative solutions to a range of moderately complex technical problems.
- Organization skills to maintain the flow of work within the unit.
- Ability to work under rapidly changing priorities.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Must be proficient in the operation of standard office support equipment including, but not limited to, personal computer, copier/scanner, fax, telephone system, etc.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Perform work in a climate-controlled office setting.
- Sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance frequently.
- Occasionally lifts, carries, and balances objects weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Pulls and pushes objects such as file drawers, loaded carts, audio/visual equipment, computers, and similar office equipment and supplies.
- Prioritizes and multi-tasks work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking.
- Occasionally is required to perform the safe operation of a vehicle, office equipment, and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Must be able to hear, see including the distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent socioeconomic backgrounds and origins.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate (in a plant environment).
Dr. Bronner’s is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.