Parcel & Pickup Associate
The Parcel & Pickup Associate works within the Specialty Packaging Group (SPG) to support special project shipments across the marketing, events, public relations, sales and web-store departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential, but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Process requisitions
- Gather materials and samples from inventory
- Primary contact for department shipping of product & merchandise for campaigns, social media giveaways, influencers, sponsorships, special visitor gift bags and other departmental shipping request (ad hoc requests)
- Assists on special campaign kitting & shipments of 1-50 units e.g.: social responsibility reports, cause-based marketing initiatives, etc.)
- Assists with pallet packing for trade shows and large marketing, PR and sales initiatives
- Works with 3PL/Wholesale Manager to pull employee product & swag orders; includes inventory counts and availability for sample try-ons (for size specific goods)
- Reports inventory taken from the Parcel Pickup Room including maintaining lot codes and replenishing stock
- Receives requests and processes FedEx shipping labels with its appropriate physical address.
- Handles and organizes inventory; actively participates in Parcel Pickup Room Inventory during company-wide inventory
- Prepares and applies labels and codes products and boxes as needed or instructed
- Other duties as assigned within job scope
This position will interact closely with such individuals as the SPG Supervisor, Marketing Coordinator, International Market Manager, 3PL/Wholesale Manager, Shipping Manager, production warehouse personnel and other departments
Minimum: High School Diploma, typing with speed and accuracy and general computer skills, proficiency in English writing, reading and verbal ability, basic math.
Preferred: Two (2) or more years of experience with inventory management, processing customer wholesale and retail orders, UPS, FedEx and USPS software knowledge and use.
Any combination of educational and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Work with spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations including customer and employee information
- Demonstrated ability to learn and follow verbal instructions
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate with supervisors and co-workers
- Ability to perform repetitious motion and activities for extended periods of work including sitting and/or standing
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner
- Good working knowledge and intermediate/advanced use of Word, Outlook, Internet
- Ability to work quickly accurately and independently
- Ability to anticipate needs and solve problems
- Skill at paying attention to detail and exercising quality production work standards
Tools and Equipment Used
Tape machines, paper machines, cutting knives, pallets, heat gun, and bubble wrap box machine. Basic office equipment such as computer, telephone, calculator and thermo-printer for labels.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance frequently
- Occasionally lifts, carries and balances objects weighing up to 40 pounds
- Pulls and pushes such objects as file drawers, loaded carts, office equipment and supplies
- Prioritizes and multi-tasks work and projects requiring good memory , concentration and analytical thinking
- Occasionally is required to perform the safe operation of a vehicle, office equipment and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace
- Must be able to hear at normal conversation levels, see including distinction of colors, depth and peripheral sight, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent socio-economic backgrounds and origins
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.