All One! Café Assistant
OVERVIEW & JOB SUMMARY
Under direct and general supervision of the Senior Engagement Manager. The All-One! Café Assistant works primarily in our All-One! Cafe supporting the coordination of food products. The main function is to assist in the preparation and distribution of vegan, organic, high-level foods to Dr. Bronner’s employees and assisting with the general operation of our All-One! Cafe. Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment. Washes dishes, organize storage areas and puts away orders. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed above, but All-One! Cafe may identify other responsibilities of the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Reads and understands instructions.
- Estimates food requirements.
- Operates a variety of kitchen utensils, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, seasons foodstuffs for cooking, serving and storing.
- Preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
- Inspects workstations for compliance with service standards.
- Keeps records and requisition for supplies/equipment as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following all rules and procedures.
- Taste test all products.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness training.
- Complies with all HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company and government safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training, and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned within the job scope.
The incumbent will interact closely with All-One! Cafe Coordinator, Senior Engagement Manager, and Dr. Bronner’s staff.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 1 to 3 years of related work experience.
- Culinary work focused on Vegan cuisine
- Experience with vegan food preparation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Works with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner; work quickly, accurately and independently.
- Anticipate needs and solve problems.
- Able to be flexible, adaptable and work independently.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Reads recipes and/or product directions.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Use standard kitchen equipment and kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, seasons and knead foodstuffs for cooking, serving and storing.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
- Must Be Serve Safe Certified
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above and below shoulder heights, climb stairs, bend and stoop, crawl, kneel and use hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance requiring the use of both arms and legs frequently.
- Experience frequent interruptions and work under pressure of time with multiple priorities.
- Occasionally lift, carry and balance objects weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Prioritize and multi-task work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking.
- Occasionally perform the safe operation of a vehicle and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Be able to hear, see including the distinction of colors, read, and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds and origins. Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Committed to growth and learning.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Attends work and shows up for a scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally, in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to rarely include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.