OVERVIEW & JOB SUMMARY
This full-time entry-level position is housed within Dr. Bronner’s growing domestic Marketing department alongside a team of unique, inspiring, dedicated, hard-working professionals. The position supports the Marketing Campaign Manager. Work includes a diversity of responsibilities from daily administrative tasks to assist in developing and implementing large-scale multi-stakeholder customer education and product marketing campaigns. The position involves content-driven creative projects, meticulous data tracking & reporting, constructive retailer engagement among other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The eligible candidate must be a marketing and communication professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt communication style and tone according to the audience. The candidate must have project management experience to include leadership running complex programs working with multiple contributors. The candidate must be an independent self-starter who also works well on a team.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Support development, activation, and project management of product and cause-based sales & marketing campaigns
- Creation and management of tracking tools, timelines, and shared filing systems
- Development of creative briefs, including copywriting support for marketing signage, e.g. point of sale materials, flyer ads, etc.
- Logistical management of printed materials, material kitting, shipping, and tracking for retailer activations
- Cross-departmental coordination to ensure coherent on-time deliverables that meet expectations
- Audit marketing assets and PDPs to ensure cause-focused product attributes are up to date across creative and platforms
- Development of sales presentations and program recaps
- Archive instances of retail and customer engagement to track and report on program success & learning
- Coordinate sponsorship deliverables to include file sharing, sample shipping, proofing branded imagery, etc.
- Coordinate event activations to include brand exhibiting, sampling, signage, partnerships, and event attendance as assigned
- Travel to events and trade shows as needed
Marketing Coordinator will report to the Marketing Campaign Manager and will interact with other members of the marketing, sales, PR, customer experience, special packaging group, and constructive capital teams.
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or business administration from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience*. 3-4 years of experience in marketing, communications, business administration, or project management, preferably in the natural products industry.
Experience in social or environmental justice campaigns a plus.
*Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Attitude: Confident, outgoing, enthusiastic, down to earth, and accepting of feedback
- Communication: Excellent adaptive creative and concise verbal and written communicator in meeting spaces as well as published work, strong grammar & copy-editing skills, able to present complex material clearly and understandably
- Critical Thinking: Ability to reason and analyze, to set and adhere to a timeline, accurately and independently, and to solve problems
- Creativity: Proposes fresh initiatives within the work scope to maintain project relevance and stakeholder engagement
- Experience: Ability to effectively execute strategies, identify upcoming needs and potential risks, and deliver high-quality work on time
- Initiative: Self-starter with ability to respond promptly to requests, work quickly, accurately and independently, proactively manage tasks at hand, meet challenges with resourcefulness, identify and plan for potential risks, and present ideas and information in a manner that moves the team forward
- Leadership: Highly motivated, cooperative, takes initiative and responsibility for individual and group work, possesses a strong desire to succeed
- Organization: Exceptional proficiency in tracking deliverables, tasks and project deadlines, juggling competing priorities, multi-tasking efficiently, and managing shared filing systems
- Project Management: Excellent project management skills, keeps projects on track, proactively outreaches teammates for input, and earns the approval of deliverables
- Systems-Thinking: Strong understanding of program timelines, team and project dependencies and intersections, and interaction with 3rd parties
- Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, contributes to building a positive team spirit, is flexible to modifying work style to be effective within the group
- Technical Proficiency: Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook); digital file sharing and project management systems (Google Drive, Dropbox, Basecamp and Sharepoint); familiarity with social media platforms and applications, mass email services (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.), website software (WordPress); design software (InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop) familiarity a plus
- Transportation and Travel: Ability to run work-related errands as needed, and travel to local, regional and national industry events as assigned
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Use standard office equipment including proficient use of telephone, multi-function copier, and personal computer.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Perform work in a climate-controlled office setting.
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above and below shoulder heights, climb stairs, bend and stoop, crawl, kneel and use hands, arms, and legs for dexterity and balance requiring the use of both arms and legs frequently.
- Experience frequent interruptions and work under pressure of time with multiple priorities.
- Occasionally lift, carry and balance objects weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Pull and push such objects as file drawers, loaded carts, pallet jacks, computers, and similar office equipment and supplies.
- Prioritize and multi-task work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking.
- Occasionally perform the safe operation of a vehicle, office equipment, and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Frequently work alone but is occasionally required to interact or perform and communicate with others.
- Be able to hear, see including the distinction of colors, read, and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds and origins.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, and hearing of normal conversation is required.