Inventory Receipts Coordinator
OVERVIEW & JOB SUMMARY
Under direct and general supervision, performs work pertaining to physical inventory, production materials and supplies; enters analyzes and confirms inventory and invoice information as well as coordinate acquisitions. Enters shipments of raw and packaging materials into ERP system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Process invoices against purchase orders to ensure accurate receipt of ordered materials and products
- Work with Operations Administration Manager as needed to generate new miscellaneous item codes
- Perform cyclical purchase order audits
- Create and submit new purchase orders
- Work with Manager to place purchase orders for company cost items
- Backup for external warehouse reconciliations
- Use the current system to track and maintain Fair Trade material changes
- Attend classes as necessary to fulfill company HR requirements and to further job-related skills
- Work and communicate with vendors
- Backup to other members of the team
- Other duties as assigned within job scope
This position will interact closely with the Operations Administration Manager, Inter-warehouse Inventory Coordinator, Finished Inventory Coordinator, Vendor Relations Coordinator, Item Workflow and PO Coordinator, Chief Operations Officer, Logistics Manager, QC Department, production and warehouse employees, Production Manager, Shipping and Receiving Department, Web Store Manager, and vendors.
Experience with ERP system/Sage preferred
Knowledge of accounting principles desired
Minimum: High School or equivalent, having the education, learning abilities, skills and knowledge as prescribed below.
Preferred: Experience in a manufacturing environment equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
General: This position is expected to exercise initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines and department parameters; to solve problems by using judgement based upon knowledge of existing management policies and departmental practices and procedures; and, to meet established productivity and task management standards, or to seek assistance.
- Math proficiency equivalent to Algebra
- Familiarity and ability to learn and utilize computer systems of the nature described herein
- Analytical ability to evaluate data and production processes
- English proficiency to read, interpret and correspond in business communications
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment and accurately, thoroughly prepare, enter and evaluate data on spreadsheets or other data repositories
- Work with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation, and a sense of urgency
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations and employee information
- Ability to reason and analyze
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner
- Good working knowledge and intermediate or advanced use of Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Internet
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and independently
- Ability to anticipate needs and solve problems
Tools and Equipment Used
Computer and standard office equipment.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Perform work in a climate-controlled office setting
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above and below shoulder heights, climb stairs, bend and stoop, crawl, kneel and use hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance, requiring the use of both arms and legs frequently
- Experience frequent interruptions and work under pressure of time with multiple priorities
- Occasionally lift, carry and balance objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Pull and push such objects as file drawers, loaded carts, computers and similar office equipment and supplies
- Prioritize and multi-task work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking
- Occasionally required to perform the safe operation of a vehicle, office equipment and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace
- Frequently work alone but occasionally required to interact or perform and communicate with others
- Must be able to hear, see including the distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing, frequently with a wide range of people from divergent socioeconomic backgrounds and origins
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, and hearing of normal conversation is required.