Human Resource Generalist
Who We Are
Dr. Bronner’s is the top-selling natural brand of soap in North America, and was ranked top midsize workplace in San Diego by the San Diego Tribune in both 2019 and 2020, based on anonymous employee surveys. Our supportive, positive work atmosphere comes from being a family-owned business that values employees as its greatest asset.
We are passionate about making the best products for human, home and Earth—and about using our business as a force for good! Known for setting up a global supply chain that respects the people and land that provide our raw materials, Dr. Bronner’s is proving that agriculture and manufacturing can be green and fair—be part of our movement!
Starting Salary: $70,000/Year
Benefits at a Glance
- Company-paid Full Medical (PPO), Dental, Vision for Employees & Family
- Annual Bonus – up to 10% of salary
- Profit Sharing Program –10% of salary + bonus fully funded by Dr. Bronner’s into your retirement account
- Bring Your Dog to Work Program
- Development & Training Programs
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Child Care Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Daily Vegan Lunches
- Green Team and Toastmasters
- Volunteer opportunities
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You enjoy optimization and have a well-rounded understanding of administrative systems and human resources practices. You look forward to educating employees about company benefits and are confident handling leave of absences, workers compensation claims, trainings, and performance evaluations.
Your duties will include to:
- Prepare, maintain, and update files for benefit plans, personnel forms, and other documents essential to orderly and efficient office operations; ensure compliance with current state and federal laws, evaluate, develop, and recommend HR process improvements (guidelines, workflows, reports, approvals), etc.
- Manage programs and projects relative to diversity, immigration, statistical reports, medical and educational certifications, and internships; ensure all regulations are met under guidance of the Director of Human Resources.
- Responsible for all aspects of benefit and leave of absence administration.
- Manage performance evaluations.
- Create and manage training development
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Associate degree from an accredited college with major coursework in finance, human resources, business administration, business law, or a closely related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience with HRIS, organizational effectiveness, benefit & leave of absence administration, policy development, etc. and/or related duties as described herein.
Any combination of educational and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
Get To Know Us
- Founded in 1948 by Emanuel Bronner
- Independent, family-owned
- Certified B-Corps
- Organic, fair trade food & body care products
- Executive salaries capped at 5:1 the lowest paid fully vested position
- At least 1/3 of profits donated annually to activist and charitable efforts
Dr. Bronner’s is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.