Help Desk Technician I
JOB SUMMARY & OVERVIEW
Under the general and direct supervision of the IT Supervisor, the Help Desk Technician I is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, software, and hardware through a ticketing system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
NOTE: The below applies to both OSX and Windows operating systems
• Receives, screens, and resolves inquiries from employees regarding issues/problems with their work computers or peripheral hardware, including their operating systems and office programs.
• Stays current on a personal computer and peripheral equipment changes and trends.
• May assist in software and hardware evaluations, and may assist in configuring or updating personal computers, peripheral equipment or with software deployment.
• Train computer users as needed.
• Deploy both cell and desktop phones.
• Respond to internal customers (employees) email messages requesting assistance in computer systems or related equipment using an internal ticketing system.
• Walk customers through the problem-solving process either over in person, over the phone, or remotely.
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
• Install computer peripherals for users.
• Follow up with users to ensure the issue has been resolved and obtains feedback from users on computer usage for future improvements.
• Maintains confidentiality of all information and records.
• Other duties as assigned within the job scope
• Must comply with personal hygiene requirements as directed
This position will report to the IT Supervisor and interact closely with the Information Technology department, Chief Operations Officer, company Officers, managers/supervisors, onsite/remote employees, and vendors.
At least two (2) years of progressive personal computer technical experience in an information systems department or other pertinent experience. A certificate in information technology from a recognized organization IE Comtia A+, network + preferred. Or equivalent experience.
Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Experience with providing network security including providing patches, anti-virus software, firewalls, and password protections, eliminating unnecessary services.
• Knowledge and ability to provide support of various software packages
• Experience in providing desktop and user support for a network of 100+ Windows/Macintosh computers, printers and various mobile devices in a Windows Server 2008 and 2012 Hyper-V Active Directory environment.
• The position requires full knowledge of personal computers, relevant operating systems, and associated peripheral equipment and a general understanding of department policies and procedures.
• Must be user-focused, able to explain or interpret general information, communicate with all levels of employees, establish priorities, resolve routine technical situations, and able to work extended hours as required.
• Analytical and strong problem-solving skills to access challenging situations and develop proactively effective solutions.
• Ability to communicate effectively among a diverse workforce population and maintain sound working relations with all levels within the organization.
• Work with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency.
• Maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations including customer and employee information and demonstrate tact, discretion, and good judgments
• Ability to multi-task efficiently multiple priorities and prioritized all with various deadlines.
• Ability to work quickly, accurately and independently.
• Proficiency with OSX is a necessary skill
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Computer, label printing system, and standard office equipment.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of that which must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly must:
• Perform work in a climate-controlled office setting;
• Sit, stand, walk, reach above and below shoulder heights, climb stairs, bend and stoop, crawl, kneel and use hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance requiring the use of both arms and legs frequently.
• Experience frequent interruptions and work under pressure of time with multiple priorities.
• Occasionally lift, carry and balance objects weighing up to 45 pounds.
• Pull and push such objects as file drawers, loaded carts, computers, and similar office equipment and supplies.
• Prioritize and multi-task work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking.
• Occasionally perform the safe operation of a vehicle, office equipment, and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, and hearing of normal conversation is required.