Who We Are
Dr. Bronner’s is the top-selling natural brand of soap in North America and was ranked top midsize workplace in San Diego by the San Diego Tribune in both 2019 and 2020, based on anonymous employee surveys. Our supportive, positive work atmosphere comes from being a family-owned business that values employees as its greatest asset.
We are passionate about making the best products for human, home and Earth—and about using our business as a force for good! Known for setting up a global supply chain that respects the people and land that provide our raw materials, Dr. Bronner’s is proving that agriculture and manufacturing can be green and fair—be part of our movement!
Starting Wage: $150,000/Year
Benefits at a Glance
- Company-paid Full Medical (PPO), Dental, Vision for Employees & Family
- Annual Bonus – up to 10% of salary
- Profit Sharing Program –10% of salary + bonus fully funded by Dr. Bronner’s into your retirement account
- Bring Your Dog to Work Program
- Development & Training Programs
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Child Care Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Daily Vegan Lunches
- Green Team and Toastmasters
- Volunteer opportunities
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You have a deep understanding of corporate legal strategy and are interested in providing counsel to a mission-driven company with activist roots. Complex corporate, trust, and regulatory legal matters are your expertise and you’re well-versed in practicing internal legal audits.
Your duties will include to:
- Provide general counsel on issues such as ownership of shares, various corporate entities, contracts, non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs), property interests, government regulations, licensing, trademarks, patents, and employment.
- Structure, draft, review, and negotiate a variety of corporate, real estate, regulatory and other transaction documents.
- Develop and lead internal audits and corporate compliance programs.
- Maintain proper corporate interactions with the relevant local, state, and federal governmental bodies, legislatures, and the community at large.
- Advise Officers and other senior management on a variety of issues including demand letters, disputes, contracts and agreements, regulations, trademarks, etc.
- Provide legal guidance on family-related agreements/commitments.
- Work in collaboration with an external legal team.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
At least 7 years of experience handling corporate contracts, product liability/injury, professional liability, general liability, and/or employment complex matters with litigation, deposition, mediation, and arbitration experience.
Must be admitted, in active status, and in good standing with the California State Bar.
Completed undergraduate and Juris Doctorate (JD) from an accredited law school.
Proven track record of providing pragmatic and reasonable advice to corporations.
Get To Know Us
- Founded in 1948 by Emanuel Bronner
- Independent, family-owned
- Certified B-Corp
- Organic fair trade food & body care products
- Executive salaries capped at 5:1 the lowest paid fully vested position
- At least 1/3 of profits donated annually to activist and charitable efforts
Dr. Bronner’s is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.