Financial Systems Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Provides system administration and support for SAGE ERP system to ensure that financial data is secure and user access is controlled. Understand system setup and usage for all modules to provide research and training services to users. Provide setup and maintenance of select items to ensure consistent and accurate collection of financial data. Reconcile and monitor control accounts weekly to ensure the integrity of financial data. Provide oversight of external systems that integrate with SAGE ERP. Assist with system upgrades and enhancements.
- Responsible for administration of capital assets including Sage Fixed Asset system (internal and tax books), tracking and control of physical assets, and completion of Business Property Statements.
- Administers financial tracking of large capital projects in progress including maintenance of a tracking and reporting system, project forecasts and coordination of bank funding. Work closely with project managers to ensure proper tracking and reporting of expenses.
- Oversees the RenovoFYI reporting system utilized for financial statement generation.
- Works with Senior Financial Analyst to finalize and present financial analysis and reporting functions including departmental budgets, financial projections, and financial statements.
- Oversees the month-end closing process including review of general ledger postings, research of abnormal items, account reconciliations and preparation of month-end journal entries and supporting documentation.
- Review monthly in-house financial statements including cash flow report, balance sheet, income statement and other supporting expense schedules and provide variance explanations.
- Coordinate external audits including government taxing authorities and insurance agencies. Interface directly with external auditors and internal staff required to meet audit requirements.
- Support outside accounting firms, banking institutions, and other agencies in the issuance of compiled, reviewed and consolidated financial statements and in the completion of other required reports.
- Ensure that financial controls and procedures are developed, documented and monitored pertaining to all areas of responsibility.
This position interacts closely with the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operations Officer, President, Chief Executive Officer, Information Technology, department managers and supervisors, Finance team and SAGE ERP users.
No direct supervision responsibilities currently. Provides support for all departments responsible for transaction entry in Sage and coordinates closely with Finance team members.
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in fields related to accounting, business administration, and/or finance from an accredited university; at least 7 years of demonstrated experience in accounting, business administration or in the financial consulting field. Detailed knowledge of accounting/ERP system design and functionality, relational data structures and SQL required.
Preferred: Graduate degree in business administration or related field plus 10 years of demonstrated experience in accounting, business administration and/or financial consulting.
Any combination of educational and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Detailed understanding and proficiency in general accrual accounting principles
- Keen attention to detail
- Working knowledge with SAGE 100 ERP or other comparable accounting/ERP software
- Ability to analyze business data, interpret data patterns and make projections based on such data
- Strong technical skills including the ability to investigate complex problems, and develop/implement practical and systematic solutions
- Excellence in business communications such as in writing reports, business correspondences, and in oral presentation; ability to present complex material in a clear and easily understandable language; skilled in technical writing and in writing procedural manuals.
- Learns quickly when facing new challenges and in support of company growth.
- Work with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations including customer and employee information
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner; to work quickly, accurately and independently; and, to anticipate needs and solve problems.
- Excellent knowledge and advanced use of Word, Excel, Access, SQL Server Management Studio, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Tools and Equipment Used
Use standard office equipment.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Performs work in a climate-controlled office setting
- Sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity, balance and climbing stairs frequently
- Occasionally lifts carries and balances objects weighing up to 10 pounds
- Pulls and pushes such objects as file drawers and supplies
- Prioritizes and multi-tasks work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking
- Occasionally is required to perform the safe operation of a vehicle, office equipment and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace
- Must be able to hear, see including the distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and origins
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.