OVERVIEW & JOB SUMMARY
Under direct and general supervision, the Facilities Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical plant. Performs construction and general maintenance work throughout the facility (internal & external) and provide day-to-day upkeep of facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for conducting general maintenance and repair of interior and exterior building/property, building systems, and facility equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical, plumbing, mechanical, structural, fire protection, other related systems supporting utilities for production equipment and building.
- General maintenance which may include, but is not limited to, carpentry, plastering, painting, glazier, roofing, flooring, landscaping, masonry, welding, etc.
- Help with moving heavy equipment/machinery and office relocations.
- Work independently to perform preventative maintenance following written schedules and procedures.
- Assist with preventative maintenance program on Example; Air compressor, HVAC, Boilers, Cooling tower, Chillers, and custom equipment. Drains, Water Heaters,
- Responsible for assembly and testing of various mechanical devices and complete systems according to blueprints, written or verbal specifications with minimal supervision, documentation, and/ or specifications may be ambiguous.
- Troubleshoot system issues and take corrective actions independently, while minimizing production downtime.
- Assist with conduit bending and pulling wire.
- Ability to use a scissor lift, forklift, pallet jacks, and articulating boom lift.
- Maintain inventory of tools, supplies, and equipment; recommend tools, supplies, and equipment for purchase.
- Define training and preventive maintenance programs to optimize and maintain equipment.
- Train production operators/ employees as appropriate for set-ups, operation of all equipment, etc.
- Troubleshoot system issues and take corrective actions independently, while minimizing production downtime. Highlight system issues for permanent corrective actions and process improvements.
- Responsible for safety compliance personally and with equipment.
- Completes maintenance work orders and projects as assigned and in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of California Building Codes and other regulatory agencies such as OSHA, EPA, AQMD, NFPA, etc. as they relate to building maintenance and construction.
- Conduct general upkeep of building tasks (e.g., landscaping) and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry, masonry, drywall, concrete, door, locks, windows, etc.)
The incumbent will interact closely with a large group ranging from peers and middle management.
Minimum: High school diploma or equivalent plus 2-5 years of experience in a related field
Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems
Preferred: Proven experience as an electrician.
EPA License – CFC
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter, etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints.
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills on equipment such as HVAC and other mechanical
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring and operating principles of motors.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material.
- Ability to use computer and Microsoft programs – Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems and use hand and power tools.
- Able to work well on a team.
- Works with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation, and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner; work quickly, accurately, and independently.
- Anticipate needs and solve problems.
- Able to be flexible, adaptable, and work independently.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Multimeter, ohmmeter, oscilloscope, and testing equipment; soldering iron; wire puller; pipe bender and threaded; hand and power tools (saw, drill, etc.); trencher; jackhammer; concrete saw; ladder. Light truck or van.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above and below shoulder heights, climb stairs, bend and stoop, crawl, kneel and use hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance requiring the use of both arms and legs frequently.
- Experience frequent interruptions and work under pressure of time with multiple priorities.
- Occasionally lift, carry and balance objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Pull and push such objects as file drawers, loaded carts, pallet jack, computers, and similar office equipment and supplies.
- Prioritize and multi-task work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking.
- Occasionally perform the safe operation of a vehicle, office equipment, and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Frequently work alone but is occasionally required to interact or perform and communicate with others.
- Be able to hear, see including the distinction of colors, read, and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds and origins.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and hearing of normal conversation is required.