OVERVIEW & JOB SUMMARY
Under direct and general supervision, the Facilities Technician is responsible for maintaining HVAC systems and operating production equipment to optimize availability, quality and speed inclusive of both mechanical and electrical subsystems. Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and electrical equipment, conveyors, and computer controlled devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential, but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining and operating production equipment to optimize availability, quality and speed inclusive of both mechanical and electrical subsystems.
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and electrical equipment, conveyors, and computer controlled devices.
- Strong mechanical aptitude for troubleshooting production issues, while minimizing downtime. Effectively communicate requirements and status to production operation leads.
- Work independently to perform preventative maintenance following written schedules and procedures.
- Assist with preventative maintenance program on Process and packaging equipment and ancillary supporting equipment. Example; Air compressor, HVAC , Boilers, Cooling tower, Chillers and custom equipment.
- Responsible for installing and repairing of Motors, Pumps, Mixers, special valves- pneumatic or solenoid, flowmeters, level probes, Temp probes.
Maintenance of production equipment:
- Responsible for assembly and testing of various mechanical devices and complete systems according to blueprints, written or verbal specifications with minimal supervision, documentation and/ or specifications may be ambiguous.
- Troubleshoot system issues and take corrective actions independently, while minimizing production downtime.
- Assist with conduit bending and pulling wire.
- Ability to use scissor lift, forklift, pallet jacks and articulating boom lift
- Perform routine maintenance and inspections on dispensing and unit dose packaging equipment within priorities and on time.
- Requisition repair materials, machine components and parts. Maintain and organize spare parts inventory.
- Define training and preventive maintenance programs to optimize and maintain equipment.
- Train production operators/ employees as appropriate for set-ups, operation of all equipment, etc.
- Troubleshoot system issues and take corrective actions independently, while minimizing production downtime. Highlight system issues for permanent corrective actions and process improvements.
- Responsible for safety compliance personally and with equipment.
- Participate in special projects and/or rebuilds.
The incumbent will interact closely with large group ranging from peers and middle management.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 2-5 years of experience in a related field
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems
- Proven experience as an electrician.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints.
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills on equipment such as HVAC and other mechanical
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring and operating principles of motors.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material.
- Ability to use computer and Microsoft programs – Outlook, word, Excel.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems and use hand and power tools.
- Able to work well on a team.
- Works with spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner; work quickly, accurately and independently.
- Anticipate needs and solve problems.
- Able to be flexible, adaptable and work independently.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
Tools and Equipment Used
Multi-meter, ohmmeter, oscilloscope, and testing equipment; soldering iron; wire puller; pipe bender and threaded; hand and power tools (saw, drill, etc.); trencher; jackhammer; concrete saw; ladder. Light truck or van.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Perform work in a climate controlled office setting;
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above and below shoulder heights, climb stairs, bend and stoop, crawl, kneel and use hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance requiring use of both arms and legs frequently.
- Experience frequent interruptions and work under pressure of time with multiple priorities.
- Occasionally lift, carry and balance objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Pull and push such objects as file drawers, loaded carts, pallet jack, computers and similar office equipment and supplies.
- Prioritize and multi-task work and projects requiring good memory, concentration and analytical thinking.
- Occasionally perform the safe operation of a vehicle, office equipment and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Frequently work alone but is occasionally required to interact or perform and communicate with others.
- Be able to hear, see including distinction of colors, read, and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds and origins.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, and hearing of normal conversation is required.