OVERVIEW & JOB SUMMARY
A self-motivated individual, responsible for managing and performing general maintenance work throughout the facility (internal & external) and provide day-to-day upkeeping of facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of building and property including interior/exterior, HVAC, Fire sprinkler, and Alarms
- Budgetary forecasting, managing monthly budget spending and hiring efforts
- Manage the daily and weekly work efforts, communicate weekly with staff on progress
- General maintenance which may include, but is not limited to, carpentry, electrical repair, plumbing, plastering, painting, glazier, roofing, flooring and maintain AC & heat
- Assist with building and workspace relocation
- Using hand and power tools, assist in the remodeling of existing buildings
- Manage custodial efforts, sustainability/recycling efforts, and facilities/grounds maintenance
- Operation and maintenance of Company equipment and tools
- Assist with researching and obtaining quotes for services and other facility needs
- Communicate/coordinate with outside vendors
- Work with city inspectors or other regulatory agencies
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned
This position will interact closely with Plant Operations Manager, Director of operations, Automation Manager, production personnel and company-wide departmental supervisors and managers.
Minimum: Possess High school diploma; at least three years’ experience of progressive experience in construction or facilities or manufacturing operations maintenance.
Preferred: Associated degree, Certification in construction, electrical, plumbing or other related field plus five years of demonstrated experience in facilities maintenance within a manufacturing industry. Project management experience.
Any combination of educational and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to repair mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- Ability to maintain equipment and supply inventory
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to work in a safe manner following established safety regulations
- Working knowledge and experience operating equipment used in construction projects
- Knowledge of general safety rules, requirements, and procedures
- Attention to detail with a focus on productivity
- Basic knowledge and intermediate use of Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, being able to interact well with others
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner; to work quickly, accurately and independently; and, to anticipate needs and solve problems
- Motivated with a strong work ethic and possess a great attitude
- Be a team player, but be able to work self-directed and be self-sufficient
- Mechanical, hand tool, and custodial equipment competence and general do-it-yourself aptitude
- Work with the spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency
Tools and Equipment Used
Hand tools, power tools, general equipment and machines as instructed or required as part of the job. Equipment used – forklift, pallet jacks, scissor lifts, boom lift and reach forklift.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Perform work in a climate controlled office setting;
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above and below shoulder heights, climb stairs, bend and stoop, crawl, kneel and use hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance requiring the use of both arms and legs frequently.
- Experience frequent interruptions and work under pressure of time with multiple priorities.
- Occasionally lift, carry and balance objects weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Pull and push such objects as file drawers, loaded carts, pallet jacks, computers, and similar office equipment and supplies.
- Prioritize and multi-task work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking.
- Occasionally perform the safe operation of a vehicle, office equipment and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Frequently work alone but is occasionally required to interact or perform and communicate with others.
- Be able to hear, see including the distinction of colors, read, and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds and origins.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, and hearing of normal conversation is required.