OVERVIEW & JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for keeping the day to day needs of the Executive team on track, filters communication from the management teams and other supporting departments. In the absence or unavailability of Executives, Executive Assistant is the point of contact to direct inquires. Performs various administrative duties in support of Executives. Oversees the successful development and implementation of projects related to process improvement with the Executives’ direction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Point of contact between the Executive Team and employees/customers.
- Works closely and effectively with the Executives to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Manages complex and highly confidential information in a discreet manner.
- Manages administrative tasks for the Executives including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Represents and/or accompanies Executives in meetings; takes dictation and minutes and organizes notes.
- Prepares daily agenda and ensures the Executives schedule is followed and respected.
- Maintains Executives calendar which includes coordinating and scheduling meetings and events.
- Manages email inbox; organize emails per established system, flags and set priority of urgent emails.
- Answers phone calls and directs to appropriate parties or takes messages, arranges conference calls.
- Recommends appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Organizes and maintains file system and other records.
- Prepares & codes expense reports, PO’s, invoices, etc. and tracks expenses against department budget.
- Coordinates data from a variety of sources for inclusion in reports and presentations; gathers data and prepares information for special projects as assigned.
- Define, coordinate and maintain the roles and responsibilities of all project stakeholders to ensure proper execution and delivery of projects and to ensure that the project goes through the proper gates and that applicable documentation is produced; ensure the achievement of timelines, schedules and deadlines.
- Review contractual performance of both parties to ensure compliance with terms and to identify conflicts or changes requiring resolution at contract renewal and filing.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Executive’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
The incumbent will interact closely with the Executive Team, department supervisors/managers, employees and vendors.
Minimum: Associate’s degree with an emphasis in Business Administration from an accredited college; or three (3) years of related experience.
Preferred: Bachelor degree in Business Administration or other related field. Five (5) years of continues growth within the Executive Assistant role. Paralegal background a plus.
Any combination of educational and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality over all matters during business operations including customer and employee information, product information, trade secrets, etc.
- Excellent Minute taking skills, extremely organized with outstanding attention to detail.
- Analytical ability to track and evaluate items/matters with Executives.
- Work with spirit of flexibility, enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate constructively with a wide range of diverse colleagues and stakeholders.
- Ability to reason and analyze, to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner, to work quickly, accurately and independently, and to anticipate needs and solve problems.
- Able to be flexible, adaptable and work independently.
- Ability to correspond with a high degree of professionalism and tact.
- Excellent working knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Understanding of legal terms
Tools and Equipment Used
Use standard office equipment including proficient use of telephone, multi-function copier, and personal computer.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Performs work in a climate controlled office setting.
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods, walk, bend at the waist and knees, kneel and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance and climbing stairs frequently.
- Frequently or as assigned, lifts, balances, carries, stacks, and pushes/pulls objects weighing from 10-20 pounds, and reaches above and below shoulder height.
- Performs work assignments requiring good memory and concentration.
- Ability to recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Must be able to hear, see including peripheral vision and distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent backgrounds and origins.
- Must work in an environment with a low to moderate noise level and minimal heating and air conditioning.