Email Marketing Specialist
The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for planning and executing Dr. Bronner’s email marketing program, which is a key driver of revenue on Dr. Bronner’s online store and an important channel for engaging with our customers around the causes we support. The Email Marketing Specialist’s goal is to develop email marketing campaigns and automated emails that continue to grow and nurture our loyal, highly engaged community while attracting new customers/community members.
The Email Marketing Specialist works under the supervision of the Content Editor, with input and guidance from the Vice President of Marketing, and is responsible for achieving targets and goals as determined by their manager. The ability to handle multiple tasks is a requirement.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are important values at Dr. Bronner’s. All employees are called to practice acceptance, treat others with dignity and respect, learn from and celebrate each other’s differences, recognize one’s own privilege, root out one’s own and speak up against prejudice, and work to create a healthy and respectful workspace where colleagues feel valued and part of our community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This person should have excellent communication and organizational skills and be able to work independently. Deep expertise and hands-on experience with Email Service Providers and editorial calendars are required.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Lead planning and oversee the execution of Dr. Bronner’s email calendar in collaboration with the Content Team.
- Analyze and report on email performance, using both quantitative and qualitative analysis to draw insights for optimization.
- Build and optimize segmentation and email content personalization strategies by leveraging user behavior and activity data.
- Ensure inbox delivery and platform compatibility
- Support sales on DrBronner.com through the email channel, partnering closely with Ecomm/Webstore, Content, Design, and Customer Service teams.
- Develop a strategy to continue growing a high-quality email database.
This position will interact closely with the Content Editor, Website & Digital Marketing Specialist, Design Team, Content Team, and Vice President of Marketing.
Minimum: BA/BS in a related field. 2-3 years of related work experience.
Preferred: 3+ years of email marketing experience. Advanced knowledge of using ESPs proficient in advertising/marketing and persuasive writing, experience with Klaviyo and Shopify a plus. Knowledge of CSS and HTML a plus.
Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Attitude: Confident, positive, enthusiastic, down to earth, ability to be flexible
- Communication: Excellent, adaptive, creative, and concise verbal and written communicator in meeting spaces as well as over the phone, chat, and e-mail; polite, professional, patient, and diplomatic in navigating customer inquiries; strong grammar skills
- Critical Thinking: Ability to reason and analyze, to set and adhere to a timeline, accurately and independently, and to solve problems
- Initiative: Responds promptly to requests, works quickly, accurately, and independently; effectively executes strategies, identifies upcoming needs and potential risks; proactively manages tasks, meets challenges with resourcefulness, and presents ideas and information in a manner that moves the team forward
- Leadership: Highly motivated and cooperative, takes initiative and responsibility for individual and group work, possesses a strong desire to succeed, accepts feedback from others, works with a spirit of enthusiasm and a sense of urgency
- Organization: Exceptional proficiency in tracking deliverables, tasks, and project deadlines, juggling competing priorities, and multi-tasking efficiently
- Respect: Consciously learn from and celebrate differences among identities while recognizing commonalities and shared experiences; practice inclusive language and promote acceptance, safety, respect, inclusion, and value of individuals within the workplace, and those with whom you interact on behalf of the organization; become aware of all forms of bias, prejudice, and discrimination, and work to eliminate personal vestiges of racism, homophobia, and sexism in thought, action, and word; promptly report incidents of bias, prejudice, and bigotry to the Human Resources Department or any member of the Executive Team.
- Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, contributes to building a positive team spirit, is flexible to modifying work style to be effective within the group, able to work within a team environment and independently.
- Technical Proficiency: Mastery of common ESPs such as Klaviyo, Mailchimp, or similar. Experience with office and project management software such as Basecamp, Asana, Office, Dropbox, Google Workspace or similar.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Use standard office equipment including proficient use of telephone, multi-function copier, and personal computer.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Perform work in a climate-controlled office setting.
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above and below shoulder heights, climb stairs, bend and stoop, crawl, kneel and use hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance requiring the use of both arms and legs frequently.
- Experience frequent interruptions and work under pressure of time with multiple priorities.
- Occasionally lift, carry and balance objects weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Pull and push such objects as file drawers, loaded carts, pallet jack, computers, and similar office equipment and supplies.
- Prioritize and multi-task work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking.
- Occasionally is required to perform the safe operation of office equipment and machines and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Must be able to hear, see including peripheral vision and distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and origins.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Dr. Bronner’s is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.