Sales Order Coordinator
OVERVIEW & JOB SUMMARY
Under general and direct supervision, follows established guidelines to assist in the processing and support of new customer set up, internal web portal customer training and support, EDI testing and support, customer portals, shipping of product orders in a timely manner, and documentation of packed warehouse items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Perform EDI project management functions including coordinating, organizing, planning, scheduling, communicating and evaluating project progress.
- Perform EDI testing for each trading partner to ensure all transactions are created and fields are mapped in accordance with trading partner requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining EDI transaction folders within EDI portal and ensuring all transactions are processed correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Maintain working Action Item log to ensure all EDI & Compliance related issues/projects are being worked towards resolution.
- Review documentation associated with requested EDI implementations w/ retailers to ensure Dr. Bronner’s interests are supported and potential chargeback exposure is identified, addressed, and eliminated where possible.
- Input, update and maintain new styles in the ERP system cross referencing to EDI.
- Responsible for all inbound and outbound EDI transactions such as 850, 855, 810, 856.
- Analyze and correct EDI errors, and improve processes to increase productivity.
- Communicate with trading partners to gather EDI specifications, location lists, trading partner profiles, and communications protocols.
- Audit, troubleshoot, and monitor all EDI processes.
- Document EDI processes and update standard operating procedures.
- Assist with receiving, transmitting and maintaining all domestic and export orders, and distributes billing as required/appropriate.
- Assist with processing Amazon orders including PO acknowledgement, printing labels and invoicing.
- Set up and maintain customer profiles on Dr. Bronner’s Web Portal including setting up pricing, credit limits and products.
- Perform training on Dr. Bronner’s Web Portal for all new customers and assist with any questions or order issues.
- Train and familiarize self with all existing and new customer portals.
- Respond to questions from Warehouse personnel regarding the handling or processing of purchase orders.
- Work closely with warehouse on domestic and international orders and routing.
- Process manual orders, edit cancelations and/or changes in delivery windows, order quantities.
- Review and confirm purchase order details, prepares and follow up on bills of materials for packed Warehouse items to generate into inventory.
- Answer incoming calls and respond directly or refer to proper individuals.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Assist team members on various projects as needed.
- Maintain orderly work area and arrangement of working files.
The incumbent will interact closely with Customer Relations, Shipping Coordinators, Warehouse Personnel, and Office Staff.
Minimum: High School diploma with English fluency and reading/writing skills, basic mathematic functions including customer oriented communications. Basic use and proficiency in MS Office software applications and data entry into a business enterprise software program.
Preferred: Three (3) or more years’ experience performing order entry, invoicing, inventory and price change data entry, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), typing with speed and accuracy, processing customer orders, basic accounts receivable, and handling customer calls to completion of transactions, entering price changes, and intermediate use of Excel.
Any combination of educational and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience using EDI and True Commerce Software.
- Understand EDI order flow through True Commerce systems for timely fulfillment.
- Must have precise knowledge of transaction sets 850, 856, 855, 810 etc.
- Work with spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations including customer and employee information.
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner.
- Good working knowledge and basic/intermediate use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and independently; to anticipate needs and solve problems; and, to learn data entry and transaction processes quickly and thereafter execute efficiently and thoroughly.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
Tools and Equipment Used
Must be able to operate standard office equipment including proficient use of personal computer.
Must have reliable transportation.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Perform work in a climate controlled office setting.
- Sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance frequently.
- Occasionally lifts, carries and balances objects weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Pulls and pushes such objects as file drawers, loaded carts, audio/visual equipment, computers and similar office equipment and supplies.
- Prioritizes and multi-tasks work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking.
- Occasionally is required to perform the safe operation of office equipment and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Must be able to hear, see including distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent socio-economic backgrounds and origins.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.