Looking for experienced applicants in Los Angeles, CA, Seattle, WA, and Raleigh, NC. Under direct and general supervision, the Demo Specialist works closely with the National Demo & Event Manager at Dr. Bronner’s to perform in-store demos; submit monthly audit reports and photo recaps, and participate in local trade shows.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform in-store product demonstrations as advised by National Demo & Event Manager.
• Work with National Demo & Event Manager to create and execute a monthly calendar of demos.
• Display marketing materials as directed by National Demo & Event Manager.
• Adhere to Food Safety Guidelines when performing a coconut oil demonstration.
• Accurately complete product audit reports and submits in a timely manner to National Demo & Event Manager
• Submit photographs with each in-store demo audit report.
• Maintain demo equipment and order necessary supplies and manage inventory effectively.
• Communicate with the National Demo Event Manager on any in-store or event issues regarding product availability or changes in demo schedules.
• Collaborate with the National Demo Event Manager to ensure ample product supply available to support demo.
• Attend monthly team conference calls for national campaigns and new product training.
• Maintains orderly work area and arrangement of materials.
• Provide administrative support as needed.
• Participate in local weekend events as needed.
• Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Associates in Marketing is a plus
• At least one year of sales experience in retail, marketing or other related fields
• Previous experience in the natural products industry and/or on national campaigns or comparable work experience.
Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
General: This position is expected to exercise initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines and department parameters; to solve problems by using judgment based upon knowledge of existing management policies and departmental practices and procedures; and, to meet established productivity and task management standards, or seek assistance.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Self-motivated and independent.
• Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet.
• Flexible work schedule which includes availability on evenings and weekends
• An extremely detail-oriented work ethic
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Work with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Standard home office equipment including cell phone, multi-function copier, and personal computer.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the independent contractor is regularly required to:
• Performs work in retail stores.
• Sits stands, walks, reaches above and below shoulder heights, climbs stairs, bends and stoops, crawls, kneels and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance requiring the use of both arms and legs frequently.
• Occasionally lifts carries and balances objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
• Push and pull objects as demo kits, samples, and marketing supplies.
• Frequently work alone but are required to interact and communicate with customers and store team leaders.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, and hearing of normal conversation is required.