Customer Experience Manager
OVERVIEW & JOB SUMMARY
The Customer Experience Manager’s role is to build out and manage a customer service department that fulfills the company’s cosmic principle to Do Right by Customers.
The Customer Experience Manager reports to the Director of Marketing but works in collaboration with the customer service department steering committee that includes representatives from Customer Relations, OSI, Marketing, Sales, HR, and Public Relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Customer Experience Manager will be the central point for all customer service related issues with end users, responsible for defining the department’s mission and goals and creating a cross-departmental strategy based on a recent audit of the company’s customer service needs. The Customer Experience Manager will address all types of customer inquiries including product performance and usage, product quality, ingredients, injury, loss/damage, complaints, and requests.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for building a customer service team that includes training, utilization of tools and software to manage and track the customer
- Develops and implements tracking tools and database to inform and help prioritize addressing inquiries, complaints, customer suggestions, and process
- Analyzes customer complaints and inquiries and distributes summary, analysis, and recommendations to management in weekly and quarterly reports
- Reviews establish and maintains department SOPs, customer service manual, final customer facing FAQs, and other tools to address customer inquiries and streamline internal communication about these inquires e.g.: answers to questions about products, processes, ingredients, packaging; handling returns and replacements,
- Shares customer feedback to inform ongoing or new investigations or experiments related to complaints about product quality and performance. Manages customer injury and/or damages claims with Human Resources and insurance
- Trains on our products and existing product information to readily respond to any inquiries.
- Documents and files inquiries, reports, and
- Manages end-user product returns and issues
- Manages the customer-facing staff, ensuring a consistent voice/answer going out to all customers across
- Supports customer service staff by preparing answers to customer inquiries via email, phone and on social media as
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; attending training, reading company and trade publications, networking with other natural products industry peers, etc.
- Accomplishes goals by accepting ownership for new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Reviews current processes and identifies deficient areas with new process improvements and industry best practices.
This position will interact closely with the Customer Service Department Steering Committee that includes representatives from Operations, Production, Sales, HR, Marketing, Public Relations, Operations Services, and Innovation, Quality, Technical Services, and IT department.
Yes, customer service representative.
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration or major coursework in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Information Systems or similar field that would enable the incumbent to perform the essential job functions in a manner that enhances the general purpose of the position.
Preferred: At least 5 years managing a customer service department and performing the types of duties described herein in a comparable capacity within the natural products industry.
Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to review current processes and make solid software, system integration and/or process improvements to improve the efficiency of data collection and customer
- Knowledge of natural products manufacturer, and who is familiar with the best practices and technologies for managing such a department that will serve Dr. Bronner’s as the company grows. This person should have strong communication and organizational skills, excellent writing and negotiation skills as well as experience managing personnel
- Outstanding Writing Skills: Ability to write personally and professionally in English
- Communication – Polite, professional, confident, tactful, patient and diplomatic in navigating customer
- Problem Solving – Motivational, listening and problem-solving
- Creativity – Ability to provide creative ideas to ameliorate customer service standards
- Project Management – Experienced tracking projects, task-oriented.
- Innovation – Meets challenges with resourcefulness; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’
- Teamwork – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; contributes to building a positive team
- Leadership – Accepts feedback from others and modifies work styles
- Self-starter organized and highly motivated. Ability to be flexible and self-sufficient. Positive attitude, self-motivated, confident and competitive. Ability to work within a team environment and independently. Strong initiative with a strong desire to
- Advance knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook) as well as project management tools like Project or other project management tools, web-based programs.
- Advance knowledge in Customer service chats software. Excellence in courteous and professional communications such as in email correspondences, and in the oral presentation
- Strong listening skills and the ability to navigate conversations to closure to the benefit of customers.
- Works with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency. Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner; to work quickly, accurately and independently; and, to anticipate needs and solve problems.
Tools and Equipment Used
Standard office equipment including proficient use of a personal computer.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Performs work in a climate-controlled office
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods, walk, bend at the waist and knees, kneel and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance and climbing stairs
- Occasionally lifts carries and balances objects weighing up to 30
- Pulls and pushes such objects as file drawers and
- Prioritizes and multi-tasks work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical
- Occasionally is required to perform the safe operation office equipment and machines and recognize and abate safety hazards within the
- Must be able to hear, see including peripheral vision and distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and