Customer Experience Representative
The Customer Experience Representative’s main goal is to provide outstanding customer service while handling all customer inquiries via email, phone, and chat. The position also ensures that the company understands and satisfies its customer expectations and requirements. The Customer Experience Representative is expected to uphold the Customer Experience department vision:
Respect, kindness, and gratitude are key to delivering a customer experience that is consistent with our All-One! mission. We strive to respond to every inquiry with care, no matter how small. As a company, transparency, integrity, love, and fairness are our greatest currency.
The Customer Experience Representative works under the supervision of the Customer Experience Manager and is responsible for achieving targets and goals as determined by their manager. The ability to handle multiple tasks is a requirement.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are important values at Dr. Bronner’s. All employees are called to practice acceptance, treat others with dignity and respect, learn from and celebrate each other’s differences, recognize one’s own privilege, root out one’s own and speak up against prejudice, and work to create a healthy and respectful workspace where colleagues feel valued and part of our community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This person should have strong communication and organizational skills and be able to work independently. Excellent written, verbal and negotiation skills are required.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals differently-abled to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Oversee 50-70 daily customer phone, e-mail, and chat inquiries via Salesforce
- Manage 35-40 weekly product reviews and questions through BazaarVoice
- Generate weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on customer inquiries, complaints, and feedback as determined by the manager
- Present trend reports at monthly Customer Experience meeting
- Resolve product or service issues by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determine the cause of the problem; select and explain the best solution to solve the problem; expedite correction or adjustment; follow up to ensure resolution
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments (Quality Assurance, Marketing, Webstore, Going Green) to ensure consistent and accurate customer communication and service
- Distribute promotional envelopes in alignment with the Marketing and Content calendars
- Coordinate customer replacement packages, pumps, and caps with Special Packaging Group
- Maintain accuracy of policies & procedures by updating customer experience manual
- Contribute to the development of new Customer Experience vision and company Objective Key Results
- Meet individual and team key performance index goals by strengthening and maintaining productivity, performance, and level of service provided to customers
- Participate in training and education to strengthen skills required to boost impact on departmental goals
This position will interact closely with the Customer Experience Manager, Wholesale/3 PL Manager and Coordinator, Quality Assurance, Social Media Specialist, Special Packaging Group, and IT department.
Minimum: Completion of a high school diploma, GED, or comparable level education to acquire speaking, writing, vocabulary, and reading English and basic math skills. 1-3 years of experience in customer service or business administration.
Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Attitude: Confident, positive, enthusiastic, down to earth, ability to be flexible
- Communication: Excellent, adaptive, creative, and concise verbal and written communicator in meeting spaces as well as over the phone, chat, and e-mail; polite, professional, patient, and diplomatic in navigating customer inquiries; strong grammar skills
- Critical Thinking: Ability to reason and analyze, to set and adhere to a timeline, accurately and independently, and to solve problems
- Initiative: Responds promptly to requests, works quickly, accurately, and independently; effectively executes strategies, identify upcoming needs and potential risks; proactively manage tasks, meets challenges with resourcefulness, and present ideas and information in a manner that moves the team forward
- Leadership: Highly motivated and cooperative, takes initiative and responsibility for individual and group work, possesses a strong desire to succeed, accepts feedback from others, works with a spirit of enthusiasm and a sense of urgency.
- Organization: Exceptional proficiency in tracking deliverables, tasks, and project deadlines, juggling competing priorities, and multi-tasking efficiently
- Respect: Consciously learn from and celebrate differences among identities while recognizing commonalities and shared experiences; practice inclusive language and promote acceptance, safety, respect, inclusion, and value of individuals within the workplace, and those with whom you interact on behalf of the organization; become aware of all forms of bias, prejudice, and discrimination, and work to eliminate personal vestiges of racism, homophobia and sexism in thought, action and word; promptly report incidents of bias, prejudice, and bigotry to the Human Resources Department or any member of the Executive Team.
- Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, contributes to building a positive team spirit, is flexible to modifying work style to be effective within the group, able to work within a team environment and independently.
- Technical Proficiency: Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook); digital file sharing and project management systems (Google Drive, Dropbox, and SharePoint); familiarity with CRM platforms (Salesforce Service Cloud)
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Use standard office equipment including proficient use of telephone, multi-function copier, and personal computer.
Must have reliable transportation or possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Perform work in a climate-controlled office setting.
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above and below shoulder heights, climb stairs, bend and stoop, crawl, kneel and use hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance requiring the use of both arms and legs frequently.
- Experience frequent interruptions and work under pressure of time with multiple priorities.
- Occasionally lift, carry and balance objects weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Pull and push such objects as file drawers, loaded carts, pallet jack, computers, and similar office equipment and supplies.
- Prioritize and multi-task work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking.
- Occasionally is required to perform the safe operation of office equipment and machines and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Must be able to hear, see including peripheral vision and distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and origins.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Dr. Bronner’s is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.