OVERVIEW & JOB SUMMARY
The Contracts Specialist will be responsible for the completion and submission of monthly promotional contracts and new item paperwork at the Retailer and Distributor level. The promotional terms for each monthly contract are negotiated between the Retailer/Distributor and Dr. Bronner’s Sales Team. The Contracts Specialist will be responsible for independently maintaining accurate data, tracking, and logging submissions, and ensuring all submissions are completed in accordance with deadlines. The Contracts Specialist will also be responsible for reviewing manufacturer chargebacks for validity and disputing accordingly. This position will work closely, as part of the Contracts Team, with Customer Relations and Inside Sales, under the direction of the Sales Admin Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Fills out promotional contracts for retailers for our National Key Account and Mass Market Regional Sales Managers.
- Saves all files in the appropriate folder/sub-folder on the company server.
- Sends out all contracts to appropriate retailers/distributors and tracks completion accordingly.
- Works closely with Regional Sales Managers on maintaining updates to individual trackers.
- Compiles individual sales manager trackers onto Master file and updates accordingly.
- Maintains current copies of all blank promotional contracts and updates accordingly.
- Completes New Item paperwork and Annual AD plans.
- Communicates with Sales Admin Manager and Regional Sales Managers on distributor/retailer contracts regarding sales promos, pricing, etc.
- Utilizes weekly/monthly reports on customer portals and makes any necessary changes/updates to the accounts as directed.
- Reviews and disputes Manufacture Chargebacks for any unauthorized charges, tracks accordingly, and issues Debit Memos accordingly for repayments.
- Communicates with Sales Admin Manager on manufacturer’s chargebacks regarding sales promos, pricing, questions, inquiries on late pays, and similar transactions.
- Maintains orderly work area and arrangement of working files.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information in a timely manner.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and directed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
This position will interact closely with the Sales Admin Manager, Assistant to Sales Admin Manager Accounts Receivable, Regional Sales Managers, and other Contract Specialists.
• Minimum: High School diploma with English fluency and reading/writing skills, basic mathematic functions including basic bookkeeping, customer-oriented communications. Proficiency in MS Office software applications and data entry into a business enterprise software program.
- Preferred: Two (2) or more years’ experience performing order entry, invoicing, billing, collections, inventory and price change data entry, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), typing with speed and accuracy, processing customer orders, basic accounts receivable, and handling customer calls to completion of transactions, and entering price changes, and intermediate use of Excel.
- Progressive education may be required in the scope of this position focused on accounting/finance.
Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration for this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
General: This position is expected to exercise initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines, and department parameters; to solve problems by using judgment based upon knowledge of existing management policies and departmental practices and procedures; and, to meet established productivity and task management standards, or seek assistance.
- Work with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation, and a sense of urgency.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations including customer information.
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner while paying close attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Good working knowledge and basic/intermediate use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately, and independently; to anticipate needs and solve problems; and, to learn data entry and transaction processes quickly and thereafter execute efficiently and thoroughly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent data entry skills demonstrating completeness and accuracy.
- General Math Skills.
- Previous experience using Financial Software.
- Previous experience analyzing information and reporting results.
Tools and Equipment Used
- Standard office equipment including proficient use of a personal computer, and multi-function copying machine.
Must have reliable transportation.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Performs work in a climate-controlled office setting.
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods, walk, bend at the waist and knees, kneel, and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance and climbing stairs frequently.
- Occasionally lifts carries and balances objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Pulls and pushes such objects as file drawers and supplies.
- Prioritizes and multi-tasks work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking.
- Occasionally is required to perform the safe operation of office equipment and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Must be able to hear, see including peripheral vision and distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and origins.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.