JOB SUMMARY & OVERVIEW
Under general and direct supervision of the It Manager, responsible to deliver quality code to specifications and project milestones.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Works with both Senior Programmer and COO in defining business requirements for new code
- Translates standalone MS Access business tools (database / GUI / VBA) into ASP.Net / C# code with SQL Server back end.
- Develops components of in-house manufacturing and warehouse support system
- The ongoing integration of document storage and ERP system (meta-tag / workflow/scripting)
- Support various automation devices (label printers, barcode scanners, etc.)
- Maintain existing software applications
- Identifies and analyzes problems to provide resolution with IT Team.
- Stays current on software and apps to integrate systems and be more efficient.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information and records.
- Support other areas of the IT department when needed.
- Other duties as assigned within the job scope.
This position will interact closely with the Information Technology department, Chief Operations Officer, company’s managers, and supervisors and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline; and, at least two (2) years of progressive programming experience in an information systems department.
Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Designs Data Layer, Data Persistence, and GUI (Full-Stack) for in house operational needs
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies e.g. Blazor dot net core 3.
- Knowledge of modern software development practices/books.
- Demonstrates proficiencies such as found in the books, Practical Programmer, Agile, Clean Code, Design Patterns, Domain-Driven Design, Refactoring, unit testing
- Able to translate and extend established data schema to new tools and code
- Strong TSQL skills
- Ability to model business operations in data schema and software.
- Must be a strong collaborator willing to accept and respond to critical feedback
- Must be customer-focused, able to explain or interpret general information, communicate with all levels of employees, establish priorities, resolve routine technical situations, and able to work extended hours as required.
- Analytical and strong problem-solving skills to access challenging situations and develop proactively effective solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively among a diverse workforce population and maintain sound working relations with all levels within the organization.
- Work with spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations including customer and employee information and demonstrate tact, discretion, and good judgment.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently multiple priorities and prioritized all with various deadlines.
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, ability to work quickly, accurately and independently.
Tools and Equipment Used
Computer, label printing system, lab equipment, and standard office equipment.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of that which must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly must:
- Perform work in a climate-controlled office setting.
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above and below shoulder heights, climb stairs, bend and stoop, crawl, kneel and use hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance requiring use of both arms and legs frequently.
- Experience frequent interruptions and work under pressure of time with multiple priorities.
- Occasionally lift, carry and balance objects weighing up to 45 pounds.
- Pull and push such objects as file drawers, loaded carts, pallet jacks, computers, and similar office equipment and supplies.
- Prioritize and multi-task work and projects requiring good memory, concentration and analytical thinking.
- Occasionally perform the safe operation of a vehicle, office equipment, and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Frequently work alone but is occasionally required to interact or perform and communicate with others.
- Be able to hear, see including the distinction of colors, read, and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds and origins.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, and hearing of normal conversation is required.