OVERVIEW & JOB SUMMARY
The Chargeback Specialist will be responsible for researching chargebacks and building dispute cases with our customers to recover funds on unauthorized charges. The Chargeback Specialist has an eye for detail and is extremely organized in maintaining proper documentation of chargeback statuses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Research chargeback reports (USA & Canada) for evidence to support or oppose the customer’s claim.
- Provide clear and concise explanations and provide appropriate contract backup on disputes.
- Ability to read and understand retailer and distributor contracts to validate claims.
- Saves contract backup on file as provided.
- Requests the proper documentation and/or additional information as needed to support deductions.
- Resolves chargeback disputes efficiently and accurately
- Maintains spreadsheets with proper documentation of reviewed reports and disputed charges.
- Dispute invalid deductions within the claim’s expiration time-frame and follow through until resolved to maintain customer confidentiality.
- Maintains customer-specific notes.
- Reviews AR Codes on chargeback reports ensuring proper coding.
- Provides weekly reports to the manager of all chargeback cases for each individual customer.
- Interact with internal departments during the process of validating deductions.
- Follows proper protocols with account managers when denied chargebacks need to be escalated.
- Other duties as assigned within the job scope.
The incumbent will interact closely with Sales Administration Manager, Sales Manager Canada, US Sales Managers, Contract Specialists, Accounts Receivable, Sales Orders.
Minimum: High School diploma with English fluency and reading/writing skills, basic mathematic functions including basic bookkeeping, customer-oriented communications. Proficiency in MS Office software applications and data entry into a business enterprise software program.
Progressive education may be required in the scope of this position focused in accounting/finance.
Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Works with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation, and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner; work quickly, accurately, and independently.
- Strong detail orientation skills.
- Must have well-developed organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Must be assertive and be a motivated self-starter.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbal and written.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, primarily Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and internal departments.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Use standard office equipment including proficient use of telephone, multi-function copier, and personal computer.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Perform work in a climate-controlled office setting;
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above and below shoulder heights, climb stairs, bend and stoop, crawl, kneel and use hands, arms, and legs for dexterity and balance requiring the use of both arms and legs frequently.
- Experience frequent interruptions and work under pressure of time with multiple priorities.
- Occasionally lift, carry and balance objects weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Pull and push such objects as file drawers, loaded carts, pallet jacks, computers, and similar office equipment and supplies.
- Prioritize and multi-task work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking.
- Occasionally perform the safe operation of a vehicle, office equipment, and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Frequently work alone but is occasionally required to interact or perform and communicate with others.
- Be able to hear, see including the distinction of colors, read, and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds and origins.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, and hearing of normal conversation is required.