Brand Engagement & Trade Show Supervisor
The Brand Engagement & Trade Show Supervisor will manage Dr. Bronner’s brand ambassador program, Pro Deal program and Dr. Bronner’s presence at industry and consumer events including creation of activations, event implementation, logistics, and budgeting. Dr. Bronner’s is an iconic brand with a deeply loyal customer base, whose products touch many communities, including consumers who care about natural and organic products, outdoors enthusiasts and people who shop at a wide range of stores including natural food stores, outdoor retailers, hardware stores, mass-market and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Brand Engagement & Trade Show Supervisor is an enthusiastic member of the marketing team that lives and breathes the brand ethos and represents the company professionally. They will be tasked with co-developing and managing a brand ambassador program that will build partnerships with allies, grow awareness for our products and causes and help tell our brand story while managing events in the natural products industry, outdoor channel, hardware channel and mass-market channel. This person will further the marketing department’s mission of communicating effectively about the forward-thinking and unique nature of Dr. Bronner’s supply chain practices and eco-friendly products, as well as the company’s use of business as a force for good.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Develops brand activation concepts and environments working with the design team to bring events to life and experiences to our customers
- Manages the company’s participation in these activations, trade shows, conferences, consumer events, including concept activation, event space, staffing schedules, booth set up, booth breakdown, shipping & handling, and budgeting
- Manages and maintains the physical booth properties for event teams, including style guides, logistics strategies, and budgets. Coordinates repairs and modifications to trade show booths
- Participates in brand activations and trade and consumer shows as needed
- Co-develops a brand ambassador program that includes influencer identification, outreach and negotiation, social media support, project management, budgeting and tracking using a variety of tools and software against agreed-upon KPIs
- Manages the company’s Pro Deal program that includes issuing coupons to influencers and brand allies, tracking redemption, budgeting, communications and reporting
- Networks and builds trusting relationships with potential brand allies and customers
- Develops brand ambassador kits, coordinates distribution and performs follow up with brand ambassadors throughout the year
- Thoroughly understands our products and services to inform potential allies and customers
- Uses word-of-mouth marketing techniques to encourage brand ally relationships
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget against a clearly defined brief with pre-agreed KPIs.
- Collects feedback and evaluates ROI on programs to improve future plans
- Manages trade show and event sample and inventory from show to show and keeps trade show booth area clean and organized
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; attending training, reading company and trade publications, networking with other natural products and outdoor industry peers, etc. in order to readily respond to any inquires.
The Brand Engagement & Trade Show Supervisor reports to the Marketing Director but works closely with the Marketing Project Manager and in collaboration with the marketing department, demo events, sales, and public affairs departments.
No, but acts as a point for Dr. Bronner’s brand ambassadors
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration or major coursework in Marketing, Communications, Design, Project Management or similar field that would enable the incumbent to perform the essential job functions in a manner that enhances the general purpose of the position.
Preferred: At least 5 years managing trade shows or events as well as managing a brand ambassador program or influencer marketing program. The incumbent should have experience performing the types of duties described herein in a comparable capacity within the natural products or outdoor industries.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proven work as a trade show coordinator or manager and brand ambassador or representative
- Strong social media presence on multiple platforms
- Knowledge of natural products and outdoor industries
- Outstanding Writing Skills: Ability to write personally and professionally in English
- Communication – Polite, professional, confident, tactful, an enthusiastic brand representative with good negotiation skills
- Problem Solving – Motivational, listening and problem-solving skills.
- Creativity – Ability to provide creative ideas to ameliorate customer service standards
- Project Management – Experienced tracking projects, task-oriented.
- Innovation – Meets challenges with resourcefulness; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Teamwork – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Leadership – Accepts feedback from others and modifies work styles accordingly.
- Self-starter organized and highly motivated. Ability to be flexible and self-sufficient. Ability to work with a remote manager.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, confident and competitive. Ability to work within a team environment and independently. Strong initiative with a strong desire to succeed.
- Advance knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Outlook), Adobe Suite, Sketch-up, as well as project management tools like Project, Basecamp, Asana or other similar project management tools and web-based programs.
- Excellence in courteous and professional communications such as in email correspondences, and an oral presentation
- Good listening skills and the ability to navigate conversations to closure to the benefit of customers.
- Works with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner; to work quickly, accurately and independently; and, to anticipate needs and solve problems.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Standard office equipment including proficient use of a personal computer, Microsoft or Apple products, proficient user of social media platforms.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Performs work in a climate-controlled office setting.
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods, walk, bend at the waist and knees, kneel and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance and climbing stairs frequently.
- Occasionally lifts carries and balances objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Pulls and pushes such objects as file drawers and supplies.
- Prioritizes and multi-tasks work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking.
- Occasionally is required to perform the safe operation office equipment and machines and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Must be able to hear, see including peripheral vision and distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and origins.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.