Assistant Regional Manager
OVERVIEW & JOB SUMMARY
Under general direction, goals and assignments from the West Coast Regional Sales Manager, the incumbent carries out a diverse range of sales activities for the company in a highly independent manner throughout the Western region of the U.S., as may be redefined from time to time, to promote and sell company products to wholesale sources, principally new accounts of major retail chains.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Assists West Coast Regional Sales Manager on increasing sales and conducting the education of our products to retailers, wholesalers, and direct customers.
- Execute annual directives developed by the West Coast Regional Sales Manager and goals through follow up monthly & quarterly meetings; and, manages the execution of quarterly promotions with distributors in their region (UNFI, DPI & KEHE).
- Actively sell Dr. Bronner’s SKUs into stores at the store level with floor staff where possible.
- Manages to place turnover orders and promoting/helping roll out new items.
- Completes Recaps of store visits while on Market Tours, addressing Key Account Focuses by Retailer in the Recap.
- Assists with store outreach and education on Dr. Bronner’s environmental and social Campaign initiatives.
- Participates in-retailer resets, store checks and audits taken at market tours as needed or requested.
- Develops and manages weekly to-do lists via OneNote.
- Assists in special administrative projects to support West Coast Regional Sales Manager or Sales team.
- Provides thorough recaps of all market tours with quality photos within a week of the tour.
- Will successfully follow quarterly focuses at each retailer as assigned by the Regional Sales Manager.
- Attend business reviews with RSM for key account retailers & distributors (when needed), market tours, meetings with new possible distributors, and training for key account retailers
- Develops and maintains great relationships with all key retailers and distributors.
- Attends (develops, arranges, etc.) trade shows to include distributors, consumer shows and expositions.
- Attends and actively participates in semi-annual sales meetings in Vista, CA as arranged.
- Compile detailed expense reports.
- Work with specialty shipping to send samples, testers, and other materials to retailers and other customers.
- Work with Sales Managers directives on increased ACV and continual product education.
Approximately 40%-50% travel
REGION AND RETAILERS
This position will cover the following States and Retailers in the Western US Region.
- Berkeley Bowl
- Bristol Farms
- C&K Market
- Clark’s Nutrition
- Holiday Market
- Market of Choice
- Marlene’s Market
- Metropolitan Market
- Mollie Stone’s
- Mother’s Market
- New Seasons/New Leaf
- Nugget Market
- Oliver’s Market
- The Markets
- Town & Country
- Whole Foods
- + Others not listed
This position will interact closely with the West Coast Regional Sales Manager, Senior National Sales Manager, retailers, distributors, trade show representatives, other company sales and support staff, President & International Operations and Marketing.
Will have general managerial oversight over assigned regional accounts including selection, training, goals monitoring and coordination/reporting of all sales activities.
• Minimum: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the field of Marketing, Retail Merchandising, Art, Communications, Business Administration or related discipline that would support the knowledge, abilities, and skills sets required to perform the full range of job responsibilities herein, plus five (5) years experience in the natural products industry performing the types of duties outlined herein.
Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be highly reliable, responsive to time-sensitive work assignments, a multi-tasker, goal-oriented, results-driven, creative in manner and delivery, affable, and self-motivated.
- Knowledgeable of a wide range of personal care products, particularly those with organic standards and differentiation between organic and non-organic products.
- Work with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations including customer and employee information, operational plans, trade secrets and other confidentially intended information and documents.
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner; to work quickly, accurately and independently; and, to anticipate needs and solve problems.
- Good working knowledge and intermediate/advanced use of Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, and PowerPoint, OneNote. CRM experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills required.
- Flexible work schedule which includes occasional availability on evenings and weekends.
- Work with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of fun.
Tools and Equipment Used
Standard office equipment including proficient use of a personal computer, iPad, and 10-key adding machine.
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
- Perform work in a climate-controlled office setting.
- Sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance frequently.
- Occasionally lifts carries and balances objects weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Pulls and pushes such objects as file drawers, loaded carts, audio/visual equipment, computers, and similar office equipment and supplies.
- Prioritizes and multi-tasks work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking.
- Strong organization skills.
- Occasionally is required to perform the safe operation of a vehicle, office equipment, and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Must be able to hear, see including the distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent socioeconomic backgrounds and origins.
- Must be physically fit to travel independently by automobile, aircraft, train and all modes of transportation.