Assistant Liquid Soap Composer
OVERVIEW JOB SUMMARY
Under specific and general direction or instruction assists the Lead Production Operator-Bulk Composer, Plant Operations Manager and Supervisor in the overall production and related activities focused on liquid soap manufacture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- As needed, will assist the leader in liquid Soap composing with the organization of daily bulk soap needs; provides assistance when and where needed; and, monitors productivity and safety of the leader and surrounding employees.
- Assists the Liquid Soap Composer with shipping and receiving requirements of raw materials.
- Assists in the coordination of employee work assignments based on daily bulk needs, including feedback of problems or issues primarily to the Liquid Soap Composer thereafter to the Plant Operations Manager/ supervisor.
- Assists in the performing of Performs
- Assists in the performing of minor maintenance and repair assignments as directed requiring the knowledge and familiar use of hand and electrical tools.
- Assists with basic bulk lab tests needed for liquids soap manufacturing.
- Records all batch record information and will submit to lead and or input in the company’s database.
- In the absence of the Leader, will review e-mails daily and responds accordingly.
This position will interact daily with the Plant Operations Manager, Plant Administrative Assistant, managers, and supervisors, clerical staff, all production workers, suppliers, contractors, and vendors.
None; provides a leadership role in the training, work assignment, and monitoring work activities of production employees.
Minimum: High School diploma or equivalent for required reading, writing and communicating in English, basic math functions, and strong reasoning abilities; two years experience in mechanical, general building trades; and, fluent reading, writing, and conversing in English and Spanish.
Preferred: Three or more year’s experience of the type and nature described herein. Demonstrated experience in the machinery and tools particularly to a manufacturing setting. Use of basic computer programs (MS Office, e-mail and Internet)
Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
General: This position is expected to exercise initiative in coordinating, organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines and department parameters; to solve problems by using judgment based upon knowledge of existing management policies and departmental practices and procedures; and, to meet established productivity and task management standards, or seek assistance.
- Ability to work under rapidly changing priorities and conditions
- General mechanical ability and understanding of all types of machinery
- Ability to safely operate a pallet jack and forklift with accuracy
- Ability to anticipate needs and solve problems
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations including employee information
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and independently
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Work with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations including customer and employee information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Filling machines, case erector, forklift, box truck, all types of power & hand tools, pumps, compressors, tanks, special valves, coolers, heaters, raw materials (oils/corrosives).
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards. Must possess Forklift certification.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Perform work in a varying temperature interior and exterior plant environment including the presence of periodic dust and other non-toxic airborne contaminants such as occasional be exposure to propane and Freon gas, machine oil, hazardous materials requiring, on some occasions to wear a dust mask, safety glasses and/or gloves.
- Sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, climb, and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance frequently.
- Occasionally lifts carries and balances objects weighing up to 25-50 pounds, and reach above and below shoulder height.
- Lifts pull and push such objects as boxes, drawers, loaded carts, and similar equipment and supplies.
- Prioritizes and multi-tasks work and projects requiring good memory and concentration.
- Occasionally is required to perform the safe operation of a vehicle, forklift, and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Must be able to hear, see including peripheral vision and distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent backgrounds and origins.
- Must adhere to all organic certification requirements.
- Must work in an environment with a moderate-to-high noise level and minimal heating and air conditioning.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, and hearing of normal conversation is required.