Accounts Receivable Specialist
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Communicates with Sales Administration Manager for all inquiries regarding distributor chargebacks, promotional sales, pricing, questions and/or inquiries on late payments.
- Submits claims to Freight Companies for any noted shortages and/or damages.
- Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
- Collects revenue by reminding customers of delinquent invoices and notifying customers of insufficient payments.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Sends out weekly aged reports to customers.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents using doclink.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Gather, save, and rename all proper backup in order to process all chargebacks.
- Requests missing backup for chargebacks from the account’s A/P department.
- Requests additional details for short payments from the account’s A/P department.
- Reviews chargebacks from distributors and retailers for validity.
- Disputes all invalid chargebacks and provides a status update to the Sales Administration Manager.
- Marks all invoices paid after the deposit has been completed in Doclink.
- Issues Credit/Debit Memos accordingly.
- Matches all credit notes to the appropriate check stub for Business Systems to review for accuracy
- Maintains login and password info for customer portals.
- Maintains orderly work area and arrangement of working files.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
This position will interact closely with: Sales Administration Manager, Accounts Payable, Distributors, Retailers, Sales Order, Shipping/Receiving, Quality Assurance, and the Sales Team.
Minimum: High School diploma with English fluency and reading/writing skills, basic mathematic functions including basic bookkeeping, customer-oriented communications. Proficiency in MS Office software applications and data entry into a business enterprise software program.
Preferred: Two (2) or more years’ experience performing order entry, invoicing, billing, collections, inventory and price change data entry, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), typing with speed and accuracy, processing customer orders, basic accounts receivable, and handling customer calls to completion of transactions, and entering price changes, and intermediate use of Excel.
Progressive education may be required in the scope of this position focused in accounting/finance.
Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
General: This position is expected to exercise initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines and department parameters; to solve problems by using judgment based upon knowledge of existing management policies and departmental practices and procedures; and, to meet established productivity and task management standards, or seek assistance.
- Work with a spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations including customer information.
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner while paying close attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Good working knowledge and basic/intermediate use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and independently; to anticipate needs and solve problems; and, to learn data entry and transaction processes quickly and thereafter execute efficiently and thoroughly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Organization
- Data Entry Skills
- General Math Skills
- Financial Software
- Analyzing Information, Reporting Research Results
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Standard office equipment including proficient use of a personal computer, 10-key adding machine and multi-function copying machine.
Must have reliable transportation.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Performs work in a climate-controlled office setting.
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods, walk, bend at the waist and knees, kneel and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance and climbing stairs frequently.
- Occasionally lifts carries and balances objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Pulls and pushes such objects as file drawers and supplies.
- Prioritizes and multi-tasks work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking.
- Occasionally is required to perform the safe operation office equipment and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Must be able to hear, see including peripheral vision and distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and origins.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet