Parcel & Pickup Associate
Who We Are
Dr. Bronner’s is the top-selling natural brand of soap in North America and was ranked top midsize workplace in San Diego by the San Diego Tribune in both 2019 and 2020, based on anonymous employee surveys. Our supportive, positive work atmosphere comes from being a family-owned business that values employees as its greatest asset.
We are passionate about making the best products for human, home and Earth—and about using our business as a force for good! Known for setting up a global supply chain that respects the people and land that provide our raw materials, Dr. Bronner’s is proving that agriculture and manufacturing can be green and fair—be part of our movement!
Starting Salary: $24.00/Hour
Benefits at a Glance
- Company-paid Full Medical (PPO), Dental, Vision for Employees & Family
- Annual Bonus – up to 10% of salary
- Profit Sharing Program –10% of salary + bonus fully funded by Dr. Bronner’s into your retirement account
- Bring Your Dog to Work Program
- Development & Training Programs
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Child Care Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Daily Vegan Lunches
- Green Team and Toastmasters
- Volunteer opportunities
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You love building kits and handling projects in the most efficient way possible. You’re a natural at tracking large quantities of materials and managing inventory. Problem-solving drives you and you stay committed through trial and error. You enjoy working as part of a team, and excel in fast-paced environments.
Your duties will include to:
- Provide print production support for domestic and international design requests (e.g. labels, bar soap wrappers, displays, outer cases, gift sets, etc.), including strategic input on messaging, creative brief development, proofreading, and quality control
- Gather edits for packaging projects and update design team with changes through project management software, such as Basecamp and Asana.
- Assist with cross-departmental approvals of artwork and distribute approved files to print partners.
- Develop and maintain trackers for all label and packaging projects, and prioritize or fast-track projects as needed.
- Support Point of Sales (POS) displays and visual merchandise by reviewing sales data and customer/retailer feedback.
- Research different print & packaging options and materials (i.e. Corrugate, Cardstock, Labels, Inks, Adhesives, etc.) to improve cost efficiency and environmentally friendly decisions.
- Assess print production options to assist in special or short label runs (e.g. digital printers, in-house printers, etc.) to help minimize waste.
- Advise on color management and attend press checks to ensure that color, quality, branding, etc. are all met.
- Continue education to update job knowledge; participates in training programs that focus on print/packaging production and data-analytical skills.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or similar and/or course-specific work in print/packaging production, visual merchandising/POS, branding, design, and/or marketing
- 3-5 years of experience in-house within a CPG brand, at a packaging design firm, agency, or print house preferred.
- Understands the various methods, options, and criteria of print production and coordinating project timelines with outside printers and packaging suppliers.
- POS Displays/Visual Merchandising – assists in the development, production, and evaluation of Point of Sales (POS) Displays/Visual Merchandise.
- Ability to travel to various locations throughout the U.S. as assigned.
Get To Know Us
- Founded in 1948 by Emanuel Bronner
- Independent, family-owned
- Certified B-Corps
- Organic fair trade food & body care products
- Executive salaries capped at 5:1 the lowest paid fully vested position
- At least 1/3 of profits donated annually to activist and charitable efforts
Dr. Bronner’s is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.